Trying to decide... HT AVP Alien, SSC Brown Alien, or BD Grid Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Alien variant do YOU prefer?

• Standard

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Grid

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the Aliens warrior looks silly. I prefer the regular AvP alien best.

I bought the brown one - the grey is easier to find......plus with the brown you get a face hugger.

But the Alien Warrior is the definitive Alien - That one I am most looking forward too!!

I'm not a big Alien fan at all but I do own one. I guess it is just the regular grey/ black version. It is an AWESOME figure though. The design is brillant in terms of sculpting without sacrificing articulation. I was on the fence about getting one, but I ended getting it for under a 100, so I went for it. If you are an Alien fan, I can't see getting a better representation in 1/6. I imagine you will be pleased with any of them.

phoenixram1977 said:
I have all three....the down side is you are pretty much paying for just a paint job, all are exactly the same!
So the grid lines are not sculpted into the head and arms, just paint application?

foolkiller said:
...I was on the fence about getting one, but I ended getting it for under a 100, so I went for it. ...
I'm really starting to get jealous here... You guys in the States getting these super figures for so cheap! I had to pay $192 (shipping and taxes included) for EACH of the AvP Aliens. There is no way to get them for less money here in Europe.

ragacin, I would recommend the Aliens Alien, since that is nearest to the original Giger design. But, since I haven't got it yet, and therefor haven't seen it in person, I can't.
So in stead I recommend the brown AvP Alien. Compared to the regular black version, the detail just shows better in the brown, making it more interesting to look at. And there's the extra face hugger of course.
The fact that the AvP movie sucked, doesn't compromise the neat design of the Aliens in that movie.
Which ever version you get, in the end you'll have a fantastic high quality figure, ultra posable, and very cool looking. The best 1/6 Alien out there.

ragacin said:
So the grid lines are not sculpted into the head and arms, just paint application?
sculpted on, but it's really fine so you won't notice. i haven't recieved my brown alien yet but from pictures i've seen, it looks the be the nicest. i'd recommend getting that one. the grid alien is the most disappointing of the lot. the regular one isn't bad, but the body is just plain black.

otherwise, hold on to your cash and wait for the other alien figures. Aliens has already been announced, and HT have also secured the Predator 2 license. i predict they will acquire the other Alien licenses as well... since they seem to be sweeping all Alien and Predator film licenses from Fox.

I voted the Brown, even though I don't own one, because it just is the most satisfying looking one of those produced to me. I just am not buying another one after my regular grey one. Too much other stuff to get.

And not to rain on any parades (or opinions) here, but to refer to the upcoming HT ALIENS warrior as the definitive Alien????
Come now! No way! It's nice, and I will get one, it's on order, but definitive?:lol

NO.:lol

Why so many people seem able to take some pretty nice headsculpts that have come before us, and take them apart practically demanding better work, as not close enough etc....and then for some reason accept an at best 60% accurate ALIENS warrior with words like definitive, is beyond me.

They remaster a whole new base body, and go for THE Giger A L I E N, then we're talking using words like definitive. Folks bandy that word around without any regard for what options are out there to us all. They can do better.

Truth is, the grey, or even the grid, (and yes, the Brownie for an Alien Resurrection warrior, with minor alterations...) are pretty dead on captures of those versions of those particular film Aliens. It's just that no one PREFERS those aliens to the ones in ALIENS...and therein lies the only real problem here.
I just wish HT had raised the bar for the upcoming warrior like they have so many other things.

I bet they don't skimp on a Queen when the time comes!:D

Oh I have already pre-ordered and Aliens Alien from SSC, don't worry. But I wanted the nicest looking AVP version. I probably could get a regular and make a Grid out of it without too much trouble. Brownie seems pretty popular though......

I bet before the end of the year, maybe even by SDCC, there will be a Queen announcement. No way that's NOT gonna come around sometime. And within the year I bet.

And I am looking forward to the ALIENS one they do. I want it in hand really. And hope the paint is better than the pics we've seen. Could happen. A really good paint could go a long way to making me like it more.
More contrast. Blacks and tan bone colors. Lose the blues. They won't, but I can wish.
If there are bluish shades, at least do some fun pearlescent tones like the queen has, so they match her some, and are more beetle or buglike. And, so they are different than the AVP set.

figuremasterles said:
I voted the Brown, even though I don't own one, because it just is the most satisfying looking one of those produced to me. I just am not buying another one after my regular grey one. Too much other stuff to get.

And not to rain on any parades (or opinions) here, but to refer to the upcoming HT ALIENS warrior as the definitive Alien????
Come now! No way! It's nice, and I will get one, it's on order, but definitive?:lol

Why so many people seem able to take some pretty nice headsculpts that have come before us, and take them apart practically demanding better work, as not close enough etc....and then for some reason accept an at best 60% accurate ALIENS warrior with words like definitive, is beyond me.

They remaster a whole new base body, and go for THE Giger A L I E N, then we're talking using words like definitive. Folks bandy that word around without any regard for what options are out there to us all. They can do better.

Truth is, the grey, or even the grid, (and yes, the Brownie for an Alien Resurrection warrior, with minor alterations...) are pretty dead on captures of those versions of those particular film Aliens. It's just that no one PREFERS those aliens to the ones in ALIENS...and therein lies the only real problem here.
I just wish HT had raised the bar for the upcoming warrior like they have so many other things.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Words of wisdom right there. I am with him on every point there.

And dude, get the Brown Alien. :D

figuremasterles said:
... A really good paint could go a long way to making me like it more.
More contrast. Blacks and tan bone colors. Lose the blues. They won't, but I can wish.
If there are bluish shades, at least do some fun pearlescent tones like the queen has, so they match her some, and are more beetle or buglike. And, so they are different than the AVP set.
I see what you are saying. I sure hope they don't mess up on that though. It doesn't appear to be easy to do such a delicate paint job on a 1/6 scale (partially) rubber body. It would be awesome though if they succeeded in giving the queen's paint job some depth.

figuremasterles said:

My feelings exactly!
Couldn't have said it better...

If you can afford them and are a big fan, get the regular and the brownie.
The regular because it looks better than Grid, and the brownie because it's probably the closest we'll ever get to having an A:R alien...

Back