James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn’t surprising knowing how he got his start in the industry. He really should have purged his Twitter from before he got a Disney job.

I think the most bull**** thing about all of this is that the same pundits who condemned him for making these jokes and got this ball rolling jump to defend actual pedophiles like Roy Moore.

He made a really disgusting pedophile joke (or not a joke). :dunno

Not surprised Disney canned him this fast.

Oh, he made more than one, hence why I'm not surprised by the firing. When I was reading about the controversy this morning, I figured he'd be gone before the day was over. It still sucks though.

original.gif

Good as the Guardians director but tweets have consequences and taking pot shots at Ben Shapiro was stupid while defending the actors lack of backbone.

Dig up ten years (!) old tweets and use it as a dirt in current state of world and all that metoo nonsense. Wow. And people aplaus to that. Another wow. What a *** up country.

Can't say it's a huge loss. GotG 1 was a surprise hit and GotG 2 sucked. Hopefully they can get back on track with the third one.

Dig up ten years (!) old tweets and use it as a dirt in current state of world and all that metoo nonsense. Wow. And people aplaus to that. Another wow. What a *** up country.

There is no question about it. In the USA the meetoo went over the hill. Right now America cannot find the right balance and I am extremely happy that I do not live there...but what Gunn did there is just no sorry for this. What he did is well...he got what he deserved. And probably has has some serious issues considering what he wrote million times.

Last edited:
Right now, anyone in the entertainment industry needs to be careful of anything they have ever said.

It will be hard to find talented people willing to deal with this kind of scrutiny.

And if we are all honest with ourselves, would we stand up to that kind of scrutiny. I know I wouldn't.

By no means am I defending what he said, but it was almost a decade ago.

Hopefully they replace him with Taika Waititi.
Vol.3 will still have a chance at being a good movie.

Indeed. I guess with Bryan Singer's pool being vacated now that the X-Men are moving to the MCU it's been a bad week for prominent gay pedophiles and/or wannabe gay pedophiles in Hollywood.

There is no question about it. In the USA the meetoo went over the hill. Right now America cannot find the right balance and I am extremely happy that I do not live there...but what Gunns did there is just no sorry for this. What he did is well...he got what he deserved. And probably has has some serious issues considering what he wrote million times.

I think Marvel should just cancel anything Guardians related right there.

“Thanos snaps fingers.”

Back