Which trilogy is better: LORD THE RINGS or Star Wars OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoTR or SWOT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Orcs were better henchmen than Stormtroopers, for sure.

Han Solo is way cooler than ****ing little Frodo or whatever his name was.

Helms Deep is better than any lightsaber duel.

Starfighters are much more fun than stupid horses.

Gandalf is better than Obi-Wan.

I like Star Trek and Game of Thrones the best.

No.

There was a 2012 thread that got barried in 2013.
It's time for a new one.

No, we (maybe not you) had this debate just a week or two ago.

Gets down to re-watchability. Star Wars is more entertaining and rewatchable... LOTR are better made, masterly films, though they are milked to death by repetitive and drawn-out emotional beats and unnecessary voice-overs.

I don't read everything, that's for sure.
Not to mention the poll is more important and informative than some stupid debate. :lol

I don't read everything, that's for sure.
Not to mention the poll is more important and informative than some stupid debate. :lol

Plus it’s also easier for you to hack

But I agree with Wor-Gar... SW more rewatchable.. lotr better made films... I’d have to say SW due to the rewatchability. LOTR is something I can watch in full once every 2 years

I have no stake in this, I swear! :lol
Just interested in statistics.

I like both but prefer LoTR because it's based on the best fantasy book ever written.
Plus the music...

Dune.

Tho I dunno what sci-fi has to do with this thread.
Star Wars is as much of a sci-fi as LoTR. :D

LoTR is more mystical. more magical. there is more texture to the world of LoTR. the sets are more beautiful to look at. the story is darker and more suspenseful.
LoTR is like taking a walk in a haunted forest. there are parts of it that are almost horror. LoTR can be scary and intense. but as long as they are, every scene is great to look at. every scene, every set is amazing in itself. the characters in LoTR have more depth.

STar wars is fun pop corn fun. it is colorful and more of an adventure. Star Wars is more of a thrill ride. it is more cut and dry, more to the point. more black and white.
but there are some parts of star wars that are a little cliche and some parts are a little boring. the movies drag a little.

Plus the third movie of LoTR is amazing and the best one while the third star wars movie is basically a Muppets movie

No wonder you think pirates are the best movies of all time... educate yourself

Oh god... one of my most reviled films. No wonder you like all the repeats and voice-overs in LOTR. Dune is the KING of that ****.

Character: The spice.

VO: The spice.

Character: Is there a connection?

VO: A connection.

:rotfl :rotfl

This is the best take down of dune I’ve ever read, and I quite like that movie even with all its weirdness

Guess I'm going to go with SWOT since I have not seen a single LOTR film.

Not one.

then please exit this thread right now.

IF you dont i will flood the thread with grace vids. youve been warned

Back