Are Hot Toys 2.0 Figures Worth It?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Do We Really Need Hot Toys 2.0 Figures? Are They Worth the Money? Are The Figures Identical? Why Does Hot Toys Release The Same Figure they Already Released? These are Just Some Questions I see in Figure Groups and Forums. This Awesome Article Breaks Down Some Hot Toys 2.0 Figures. The Question of the Day is - Do You Collect Multiple Versions of the Same Figure?

Are Hot Toys 2.0 Figures Worth It?

hot-toys-2-0-figures-comparison.jpg

Last edited:
These articles are just click bait. Some can be useful but most are just trying to get people to click into the site. If it was an insightful conversation the content would be in the thread itself and not make people go to a page for it.

Star Lord and Jack Sparrow are not 2.0 releases. They are from different films. Just my opinion.

I agree with this. Not a bad idea for an article but so many things are absent that would be a better touch on the subject: Jokers, Batmans, Robocops, Predators, Iron Man Mk. 1, etc. Check the history and dig a little deeper, maybe.

''It means a lot to us and makes us feel like our hard work is appreciated. ''

In other words.... tell us how awesome we are.

You're doing toy articles, hard work lol.

I agree with this. Not a bad idea for an article but so many things are absent that would be a better touch on the subject: Jokers, Batmans, Robocops, Predators, Iron Man Mk. 1, etc. Check the history and dig a little deeper, maybe.

I don't disagree, but I wanted to touch on a few separate things in one piece. I mention in the second paragraph that I'm going to be discussing 2.0 releases, as well as just new versions of the character. I figured if I just did solely 2.0 releases everything would kind of dribble down to the same basic points. I liked Jack and Peter because these were figures that the original releases started to fetch high numbers, and then ultimately a new version of the character came out, albeit from a different film. Obviously it's not exactly the same, but some people just want a Jack on the shelves, or just want a Star-Lord. I've seen it happen before too where people will drop the older version of the figure in favor of the one from the new film. Maybe instead of 2.0 it should have just been 'Upgrade.' But I digress, thanks for taking a peek at the article and I'll definitely keep that in mind going forward.

Was clicking on this thread worth it?

Nope. Thumb Up to you. Only one though, gotta give the other thumb to another... :)

''It means a lot to us and makes us feel like our hard work is appreciated. ''

In other words.... tell us how awesome we are.

You're doing toy articles, hard work lol.

2nd Thumb Up recipient!

This is the last Inframan thread I open in the narrow hope that another member will have posted or summarised the original article so I don't have to click-schmuck myself to a different site to engage with a discussion that should be happening here.

I am not sure why the mods allow this type of click bait. I have seen reviewers post articles, but those are useful. These articles literally exist to create advertising revenue for the site owner.

Michael crawford and Optibotimus sometimes post links to their own sites and i have to say i do enjoy their articles.

Michael crawford and Optibotimus sometimes post links to their own sites and i have to say i do enjoy their articles.

Those are reviews for the most part, which I never mind seeing. The articles infra man post up are mostly click bait sometimes with misleading headlines. Many times they just take new hot toys release information and repost it to drive traffic to themselves. In the molecule 8 thread they even took pictures and videos off their Facebook pages and slapped their logos onto it to get the hits for themselves. Discussion points like this article are better served just being a thread title instead of a link to a web page.

Wait so what's the deal with posting links to your own stuff? What are the do's and don'ts?

Good Question: I reached out to the sites admin a while back and asked the same thing. As long as it's not affiliate links and it pertains to the hobby you can link to your own blog / website. You also can post articles if your a premium freak too. If you have any questions just remember you can always read the sites terms and conditions or just ask a admin. This forum has great admins who really help get these types of questions answered. Hope that helps!

Good Question: I reached out to the sites admin a while back and asked the same thing. As long as it's not affiliate links and it pertains to the hobby you can link to your own blog / website. You also can post articles if your a premium freak too. If you have any questions just remember you can always read the sites terms and conditions or just ask a admin. This forum has great admins who really help get these types of questions answered. Hope that helps!
Thanks, appreciate it [emoji2]

Back