A Question that I'm Probably Overthinking: Taking a small dent out of a metal bottle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pin-Din7

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if anyone pays attention to this question that I'm most likely overthinking, especially with some of the post dates I've seen in this section--yikes talk about old. Anyway Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to remove this small dent out of my metal water bottle? It's been annoying for all of yesterday ever since I dropped it being an idiot and it's new to make matters worse. I know one of the factors to use is heat and the other may be cold but then the issue is how to utilize those factors, meaning-what tools do I have to have in order to accomplish the dent removal, applying those factors?

I will be posting pictures later of the dent. The process won't be hammering from the inside as the dent is that extensive to where it's protruding on the inside. It's more like a dent of the "outer metal shell". Pics will better explain. Please if anybody can answer this hopefully saying an answer with tools I have at my disposal already that would be great!:)

Here are the pics-
1dea6fc17c72523f65fbdfc6b3b90ecb.jpg

293e4b9e359c231b060043fd0d73680a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all wow didn't expect a response so thanks for taking time time to look. 2nd of all: So that works on the small dents too I thought that was only if it was a major dent?

Let it go man. Stop being a perfectionist. The solution might be worse than what you got. This dent is nothing compared to what happen to the large dent next to the sliding sun/moon roof on Mr. Green's vehicle. Yet it still works.

Instead of thinking it's annoying, think that it got life experience. It got your mark on it. It is now unique to you. Somewhere in time and space, it was dug out of the ground and made into 1 of millions. Someone along the way made it different from the rest.

Wow thats deep Mr. Green time and space thats a trip :goodpost: .... but if you are absolutely adamant about fixing it maybe the car method is useful? some filler apoxy or bondo material they use on cars, sand down smooth/no seams, and re-paint either way im interested in seeing the results and what method you use in the end

Thank you for all of your replies I've been contemplating the leave it alone path a bit but recently I've had this urge to augment something or fix something when I could either leave it alone or get a new one so I'll probably try the methods listed here of getting the dent out.

Know anyone who does body work on cars? They might be able to take it out. Might cost you a lot more than what the bottle is worth, but.....:dunno

Know anyone who does body work on cars? They might be able to take it out. Might cost you a lot more than what the bottle is worth, but.....:dunno

I would hate that cost a lot more than the bottle is worth that terrible! Anyway I may if I can still get in contact with him. Thanks for the tip and reminder didn't think about that :)

Go ask a mechanic that will probably charge u 40 for the favor :lol

If I do I could still probably manage it myself like I said I know the base things you need heat and cold-but I just don't know what tools I would need to apply those factors.

Back