Paypal no longer allow open dispute?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tried to open a dispute but the dispute is really a pain to open nowadays clicking resolve problem via ebay page just brings you to paypal page you need to manually search for the paypal transaction ID for that transaction and when you try to open a dispute paypal just tells you seller cannot respond to the dispute and forces me to raise it to a claim instead, so without options i raised a claim to be reviewed by paypal.

I wanted to give the seller a chance but it's near the buyer protection limit, not sure how paypal would review the case.

I think paypal should really provide protection for maximum days for slowest shipping which should be at least 2 months for sellers using snail mails.

Maybe start from the beginning? Youre thte seller? Whats the timeline?

Ebay doesnt let you open a dispute until 48 hrs after auction close unless you have that auto assist function active. Then it's 30 days.

I know its a pain in the behind trying to open a paypal dispute from ebay now but eventually i found out how to do it. But yeah you are covered for 180 days by paypal with all purchases you make on the internet even outside of ebay.

I know its a pain in the behind trying to open a paypal dispute from ebay now but eventually i found out how to do it. But yeah you are covered for 180 days by paypal with all purchases you make on the internet even outside of ebay.

well i have received notification about the extended protection, however there was 1 time on ebay i didn't receive the item and it was less than 2 months, the seller lied about sending it and i tried to open a dispute just to be told that it has past the 45 days limit and nothing i could do about it.

so i don't know what is covered under the 180 days protection and what isn't. so i'm not going to take any more chances and will dispute before 45 days.

previously you first open a case on ebay, then escalate to a claim if seller did not reply or no resolutions made, now they just tell you seller cannot respond or something and forces you to escalate a claim instead. all these done tru paypal page.

so i wanted to give the seller another week to see if the stuff arrives but now i had to escalate to a claim instead.

Back