Adding clear doors to old Expedit & Kallax

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyekye

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 IKEA Expedit I've been using for smaller figures before I move to North Cal. IKEA discontinued Expedit and made Kallax with thinner outside walls, but I guess it's a same thing.
The problem with Expedit for display is 'dust' and 13" vertical unit size. It has opening in both front and back and slightly short for displaying taller 1/6 scale figures.
So, as I unpack my furniture and figures, I decided to add clear doors and block the back somehow + add simple light set up.
This is how it turned out.

*backside is blocked with form board with background printed image
*front is clear acrylic with hinge + magnetic push door
*custom LED bars from amazon with remote

Expedit_DoorA.JPG

Pretty tight, but OK for small 1/6 figures. Showing door opening. Took me one weekend to work on these, but came out OK, I think.
Expedit_Door.jpg

Re: Adding clear doors to old Expedit

That is really Awesome, great job with the doors. Did you have the acrylic doors custom made/cut? and which lights did you purchase from amazon, they work really well for your setup.

Well done, looks sharp!

I would like to make similar doors for my Bestas (since Ikea discontinued Tombo), can someone recommend a good place to get custom acrylic glass cut to those specifications?

Hey Amphion, when I tried to reply about Leia it says your inbox is full so not sure if u got my message

I would like to make similar doors for my Bestas (since Ikea discontinued Tombo), can someone recommend a good place to get custom acrylic glass cut to those specifications?

Hey Amphion, when I tried to reply about Leia it says your inbox is full so not sure if u got my message

Back