XM Studios - New License Predator and Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Bear

Super Freak
Reaction score
XM Studios

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

14449920_182915924070aiuw5.jpg

14520502_1829161214032gu1e.jpg

This could be interesting, especially if it's global. Not sure if I'd get another Predator since I have the CM, but who knows. However I've wanted to get a 1:4 Alien for quite some time.

Sweet! I need a decent Predator statue; wasn't massively impressed by the Sideshow PF, so these guys will do nicely, as CoolProps are taking forever! The Wolf LSB was impressive, but only really after the original and best.

How many movie licensed items have they put out.. besides the Iron Man MK 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many movie licensed items have they put out.. besides the Iron Man MK 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 42, and there's Boba Fett on preorder. More Star Wars pieces to be unveiled on the next months.
I can expect them doing great on the Alien side, while for Predator I have my reserves. Pulling Preds without mixed media is really hard, at least the netting should be fabric. Plus they require a ton of screen accurate references.
They could still make great products based more on idealized versions of the movies or comics, not sure how successfull they'd be. It's a toss between bad stuff (like the P2 Maquette), stuff from absolutely crappy movies (like the Wolf) and comic/invented stuff, in terms of preferences to me.

Cool, any competition for these two licenses is good for us. Although realistically they are going to be crazy expensive to secure unless it's a universal license. I'd rather Prime 1 did something, but I am none the less looking forward to seeing what XM may offer, assuming they go for screen accuracy and not artistic interpretations...

That's the thing...I don't think they have the capability to do screen accuracy. Everything they do so far is artistic interpretations.

While I can't argue that, I will say that as long as it looks good, without an awkward pose, and is painted well I will be interested.

Well the Cinemaquette Predator is largely inaccurate and for many it's still THE Predator statue to own. I think the market can bear some degree of inaccuracy in the sculpt... but the paint app is my concern. They need the correct kind of finish, it has to be realistic and organic, without fancy bright shiny colors.

Good news indeed.

So far I haven't been impressed with XM sculpts. I'm a HUGE Ghost Rider fan and ran away from that, and the only one I thought was truly worth the pennies was their "Darkness" - which defies description (in a good way).

Not so worried about screen accuracy (unless it's supposed to be and gets screwed up a-la-Sideshow), but would appreciate some of the artistic skills that Narin brings to the table. Maybe they could get rights to a scaled-up version of one of his "Narin Series" pieces (if only).

Fingers crossed for good stuffs from them!

I'm not very confident we will even see movie Preds, let alone ones that compete with the best that are out there.

xm's non mixed media history isn't suited to Predator but I'm curious to see what they come out with

Back