Hi from Philly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomaccudo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I joined this site a few weeks ago, but haven't actually written an intro yet. I recently graduated with a bachelor's in Fine Arts, and I'm now a muralist. I live with my boyfriend in Philadelphia and have been here for five years. I'm from Minnesota, but I'm from from Japan. For myself, I mostly paint, although I am messing with sculpture a bit - I made the things in my avatar and signature!

I also collect more kiddish things like Pokemon, but that's fallen to the wayside since I got my two 1/6 figs. I'm not really interested in comics, superheroes or sci fi, but I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones, so it's the ThreeZero figures that brought me here. So far I have Jon and Tyrion, and am looking to get Jaime. I wish I were more interested in the properties that do typically get figs, but maybe it's better for me financially. I think I will probably start looking for the LotR figures too, later on down the line. LotR was my obsession before GoT, and if I remember correctly, Sideshow did figures of them?

Right now I'm going to try to put together a custom Daenerys figure. It's kind of daunting, but I'll just try to take it one small piece at a time. I'm really doing the grind at work now, but mural jobs dry up in the winter, so then I'll probably have months to work on putting her together. At the moment I'm just buying supplies.

I think that's enough for now. I hope I didn't ramble too much. I'll be more of a lurker than a poster, but I look forward to learning a lot, especially about customizing :)

Hello jomaccudo, I am a big fan of the mural arts program in philly, having lived here since 1986. Welcome to the forum. this place can hype you into getting pulled into collecting lines that you have no interest in. stick to what appeals to you and you'll not have any buyers remorse. Welcome and hope I see something that you have worked on???? locations?

Thanks, I'm surprised to dind someone from Philly so quickly! I know I'm very susceptible to getting drawn into sometging I actually wouldn't like, so I do meed to be careful of that.

The two main projects I worked on are both in west Philly, one on 55 and Westmoreland and the other on 40th and Chestnut. I'm working on one for the 76ers that'll go up on Broad and Washington, and also one that'll be in Allentown. But there's such a constant stream of projects to jump onto, which I love. This is a city so full of murals and artistic opportunities!

Oh Excellent. I'll look for the one on Broad and Washington. Very near to me. And yes there are quite a few philly peeps here. Good luck

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Jomaccudo!
wavesmile.gif

Would love to see some of your work. :)

Back