How to repair a paint scrape on the base of my Gwen Stacy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animehunter

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time here,

I was wondering if you can help, I'm looking for a way to repair the base, which I accidentally scraped a little of the the paint, of my J Scott Campbell Gwen Stacy statue.

Any advice you can give would be great, thanks.

or, while this might not best place and if the price is right, maybe someone has a spare undamaged base I can purchase.

Thanks again.

Any pictures of the scrape?
The water effect on the base is a sticker or have you scratched the black rim?

And :welcome

Thanks for the reply.

I scraped the black rim, only noticeable if you know to look for it or there's a light source behind you. I tried to grab a picture but I can't seem to take a clear one.

From the research I've done, it seems acrylic paint might be the one to go with, is that right.

Depends how deep the scratch is. You may even get away with a Black Sharpie, although that may not have a Matt finish you need.
Experiment with tiny dabs of different paint.

Thankfully it not deep, just looks like bit of paint was removed, any idea on what paint might give me a matt finish or just experiment. and should I look into model paint.

Thankfully it not deep, just looks like bit of paint was removed, any idea on what paint might give me a matt finish or just experiment. and should I look into model paint.

Gundam Black marker will give a matte finish, however, the matte might still not match the original since even matte there's different levels of matte. best is to respray the whole area so the matte looks even.

Back