How good are the current versions of the clone 1/6 Hot Toys TT bodies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom Saber

Super Freak
Reaction score
For anyone who is savvy with 1/6 bodies, I want to get a replacement bod for my BCS 4th Doctor body as the Truetype body (I changed it from the stock bod) I am using is too tight for his shirt.

I am wondering how good the clone HT narrow bodies are. I would prefer to get an official TT body, but those are way too pricey.

I have the first version of the clone body with the loose joints and the skinny wrist pegs. That said, how are the current versions of the body are - are the joints tight and are the pegs different than the HT official ones? Thanks.

For anyone who is savvy with 1/6 bodies, I want to get a replacement bod for my BCS 4th Doctor body as the Truetype body (I changed it from the stock bod) I am using is too tight for his shirt.

If you have him on a TTM21 (Regular) right now, one of the ver.4 Narrow Shoulder varieties should allow a looser fit as the arms aren't as bulky. The finish and plastics aren't as good as Hot Toys original retail parts, but they're perfectly serviceable. I've had no joint nor peg issues with the 3 or 4 I have.

If you have him on a TTM21 (Regular) right now, one of the ver.4 Narrow Shoulder varieties should allow a looser fit as the arms aren't as bulky. The finish and plastics aren't as good as Hot Toys original retail parts, but they're perfectly serviceable. I've had no joint nor peg issues with the 3 or 4 I have.

So, if you plan on doing a lot of body swapping they are the best way to go money wise?

I'd say $18 to $25 per body is about what you can expect to pay for these "Custom v.4" etc. bodies and they work well enough. The hand are basic, but IMO, so are the ones on Hot Toys more generic figures like Bruce Wayne and Alfred. So if you use a bunch of these you're going to have a lot of the same hands lying around. Every now and then if you want something special you might still have to find a hand from a specific figure that has a different position/grip.

These are usually labeled "Narrow Shoulder" on eBay and are most similar to Hot Toys TTM18.

I'll follow up on what Pixelpiper is saying; these Custom V.4's are really good. You can buy them from onsixthkit's eBay store and site to guarantee you get what you're looking for. I just picked one up and while it is a bit of a lighter weight, the joints were actually stiffer than my last TT.

Back