Hot Toys TFA Episode 7 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cixx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I thought i would make a thread about the EP7 figures HT is surely going to make. Does this excite you or not? I wonder if they will go balls out or only a select few.

Personally? Obvious for myself i will only buy figures from this movie if it is good. I will not delude myself into thinking i need these just because its SW. That said, i think this movie is going to be great and a sleeper.

I guess an old Luke and Han next to their younger counterparts would be great. And EP7 Stormtrooper figure next to an EP4 trooper?

Kylo Ren?
Finn?
Rey?
Andy Serkis's character?

Obviously this could get expensive if it's good. It is a great time to be a SW fan IMO, i guess we'll get an idea of how good it will be with the actual real trailer. Also i gotta expect HT will debut the first figure around the time of release to capitalize on the hype going on this Winter.

Re: Hot Toys TFA (EP7) Star Wars figures!

Misleading thread title!!!

invasBodySnatchersDVDcap4.jpg

I am so sorry. But is it though? You know it's coming! Added a ? at the end of it.

I think the movie will be good. I don't know if it'll be great, but I think Abrams will deliver a good popcorn flick. As for figures...I think at least half of what drives my acquisitions is nostalgia. I don't think Epsiode VII is going to have the same resonance for me, necessarily. You can't really go back in time, right?

I'm intrigued by the new stormtrooper design but we've only seen glimpses. If the whole design looks good I'd pick up a pair but really doubt I'd get anything else from the ST.

On a related note I considered the Deluxe Clonetrooper (Shiny) a number of times but I think the PT was poorly done and don't love the Clone armour design, two strikes being enough to keep me out of it.

Re: Hot Toys TFA (EP7) Star Wars figures?

I'm excited as hell for the movie and expecting great things... but it still seems way too early to think about possible figures. We don't know enough about the newer characters in the movie or if they'll even be memorable or cool enough to want figures of, and we don't even know what Han, Luke and Leia are gonna look like either.

I agree, ZE. I also think the movie will be good. I'm pretty sure I'm in for at least an old Han figure. The rest will depend on how much I like the movie and the characters. Daisy seems like a character I would like and will most likely consider. The new stormies look good in what we see in the trailer, but I think I will probably pass on it.

It will also depend on what else from SW is being released at the same time as these new Episode 7 figures. If all the OT stuff stops to make room for the ST stuff, then I might be more open to getting figures from the ST. I'm practically done with collecting anyway, so these potential ST figures will just be "extras".

My guess is teaser trailer characters are guaranteed to be previewed first. Finn as stormtrooper, Rey in her desert outfit, Poe in his pilot gear, Kylo Ren. As confirmed by Hamill and Co, the story is about those characters and will have most scrren time. Then, i suppose old glories Han, Luke and Leia will follow.

What will be interesting is whether HT and Sideshow coordinate their releases.

I'm definitely in for the new stormtrooper and our four leads. Hopefully HT will do the humans!

People are salivating at getting chubby old grandma Leia on the shelf!

What will be interesting is whether HT and Sideshow coordinate their releases.

Yep. Not convinced SSC will stay away from human characters though it would be easy for them to rehash 3PO and R2 first.

Hey folks!

I guess an old Luke and Han next to their younger counterparts would be great. And EP7 Stormtrooper figure next to an EP4 trooper?

Kylo Ren?
Finn?
Rey?
Andy Serkis's character?

Yes to all of these 100% guaranteed.

...more than one type of trooper design too. Add to that the shocktrooper advanced armor as well. Gonna get pricey. :)

I am a little concerned by how memorable this is going to be as well. If the movie just does not sit well, no purchases for me. I grew up with the OT. Wish episode 7-9 had been made earlier.

Is it fair to say that once the new Trilogy and all the stand alone movies are released, the chances of getting minor characters from the PT and OT will be diminished?

Is it fair to say that once the new Trilogy and all the stand alone movies are released, the chances of getting minor characters from the PT and OT will be diminished?

Yes. Unless the new films and figures bomb. Which won't happen. So no Lobot I'm afraid. Etc

Ps hope I'm wrong

Back