Most Wanted Disney collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeTheDoctor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I tried to see if we had one, and didnt get much help from the search bar. If one is already made, please feel free to merge or delete.

I have noticed their isn't much love for Disney, especially from SSC. So I was wondering what kind of collectibles would you like to see? I mean if Disney has its own subsection, you'd think it'd be popular enough for support. Hopefully this can help pave a path for a potential amount of Disney characters.

Other reason I'd like some more family based statues is so my nieces can visit my house and not just see a plethora of scantily clad women or different variations of Batman only :lol :)

You can list what you'd like but I'd stick with a smaller list, in case we gain traction for potential characters :)

1. I would greatly enjoy an Elsa figure maybe 1/5, as she has no doubt become quite popular (probably as much or more than Ariel IMO), and is a beautiful as well as Stein character.

2. I would then like an Angelina Jolie Maleficent 1/5 as well. Their is something wonderful about her costume that would be fantastic as a figure. I know most prefer the green skinned Queen, but Jolie's is far more understanding in character.

3. Gotta say an Ariel would probably be one of my favorites :lol. Jasmine would also be a close runner up as they both have been a family favorite, and its kind of hard to not have a nostalgia factor. Potential is everywhere.

4. Esmeralda would be silent runner. I guess it could be a crush thing as a little boy, but recently see Notre Dame again, she has such an exotic attitude and look.

5. Probably the weirdest I'd get but none the less a good one; I'd grab a Genie from Aladdin. You could just have so much fun with one, having a variation of facial expressions and body language performance. Throw in Abu and it'd be a day one pre-order from me.

Honorable mention: Robin Hood and Brother John, simply a badass bromance! Issue with that is that I would then would a ton of other animal characters to get a crack at it!

Off the top of my head I'd like a well done Archimedes statue since there really isn't one in any scale of just him alone.

For those who can't recall who Archimedes is, he is Merlin's pet owl from The Sword in the Stone. :)

This is easy for me and been basically the same since announcement:

All 1/4 scale PF's

1. Belle
2. Snow White (to go with my Evil Queen)
3. Rogar Rabbit (to go with my Jessica)
4. Ariel
5. Beast

After that it's wide open, but those are the ones I want most. Of I expect to get nothing, since SS have abandoned the Disney PF line.

All 1/4 scale PF's

1. Belle
4. Ariel
5. Beast

After that it's wide open, but those are the ones I want most. Of I expect to get nothing, since SS have abandoned the Disney PF line.

That would be a good one. Though Belle would fit with Beast, Ariel would be solo :(

I think a Beast vs Gaston would be cool, but I'd rather have Beast in some cool stance.

As for PoTC: I'd like a Barbossa with a swappable hand and head for the black curse and would be cool to also have the monkey either in regular or curse form!

That would be a good one. Though Belle would fit with Beast, Ariel would be solo :(

I think a Beast vs Gaston would be cool, but I'd rather have Beast in some cool stance.

As for PoTC: I'd like a Barbossa with a swappable hand and head for the black curse and would be cool to also have the monkey either in regular or curse form!

Oh no. If they did a two head version I would have to buy two of them.

All 1/4 scale PF's

1. Belle
4. Ariel
5. Beast

These are Great some Choices but Ursala would be Great with Arial, JMO

Be Cool
Al

I have noticed their isn't much love for Disney, especially from SSC.

The lack of any Disney is a travesty.

SS has TONS of love for Disney... It's just labeled "Marvel" and "Star Wars" !

Joking aside (not really, since Marvel and SW really are Disney properties), I think (aka this is just a guess) part of it is Disney's main interest in character marketing currently falls with the Marvel and Star Wars properties. If Disney and/or SS thought there was significant money to be made in the Disney original characters with SS's customer base, they'd be making more Disney stuff. Not every offering is well loved but Marvel and Star Wars are guaranteed money makers with SS.

But I'd dig:
Adult Simba on Pride Rock
Aladdin with Abu on Carpet PF
Goliath from Gargoyles PF

I also think if they made a quality WALL-E it might sell well.

I also think if SS took creative freedom and didn't stick exactly to the actual designs (like they sometimes do with Marvel (the Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Fig for example) they could come up with a pretty sinister looking Jafar PF.

An Adult Simba and Scar duking it out on Pride rock as a Dio would be pretty badass as well.

Yeah that is a good point, not much reason to market it, but you can see that it sells just as well. I mean look at the Evil Queen and Malificent PFs. Hell they definitely sell well even in the second market. It'd be nice to have some more characters, and not in busts.

Yeah that is a good point, not much reason to market it, but you can see that it sells just as well. I mean look at the Evil Queen and Malificent PFs. Hell they definitely sell well even in the second market. It'd be nice to have some more characters, and not in busts.

Yeah, exactly. While they may not have been super fast sellers, they still sold out and are now fairly sort after. I mean just try to get the Evil Queen or Jessica for less then retail price, good luck with that.

So no, I think it more came down to SS not marketing right (two Captain Jacks and yet no Snow White, Belle, Beast, Rogar Rabbit or Mickey, etc)and the constant focus and massive output for Star Wars and Marvel to the point that if one isn't interesting in buying those, then well, Sideshow aren't interested in you.

Well it looks like SW has a slump here and there, and most of Marvel is cursed or crapping. Depending on what scale you purchase.

So really I don't see why Disney isn't getting done. I mean looking at paint jobs like Evil Queen or Jessica, they look good, but like paint apps of Gwen and MJ could easily pop out with animated characters. Or some shading could do a lot of the princesses and make them look stunning.

I think they only expect HT to sell like LR and some PoTC, when they could definitely sell statues with no problem.

Look at GG's Vader's Little Princess and Son, and how fast they sold. You don't need fancy, but I could; like I said, do without just small 6' busts. Give me a 1/6 or 1/5 comi or even PF!

So no, I think it more came down to SS not marketing right (two Captain Jacks and yet no Snow White, Belle, Beast, Rogar Rabbit or Mickey, etc)and the constant focus and massive output for Star Wars and Marvel to the point that if one isn't interesting in buying those, then well, Sideshow aren't interested in you.

But I actually said that though...

SS has TONS of love for Disney... It's just labeled "Marvel" and "Star Wars" !

Joking aside (not really, since Marvel and SW really are Disney properties), I think (aka this is just a guess) part of it is Disney's main interest in character marketing currently falls with the Marvel and Star Wars properties.

Whatever the case may be, and whatever the argument a customer might have for the Disney product selling, SS and Disney must obviously not see it the same way, otherwise they'd be making more Disney PFs. Why would they miss a business opportunity? There must be something there to them that's not worth putting too much into if they aren't willing to make the effort. Either way, sucks for us.

Back