Hot Toys metallic paint problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misterbigbo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I would very much like an Iron Man Mark XLII, but I am very nervous about the paint on such an expensive figure. My Cap First Avenger shield flaked like everybody else's, and the Power Pose Iron Man has a similar thing happening on some spots behind the arms. The paint looks like it has tiny hair-like crackling just like the shield has, but it's not flaking yet. I can't for the life of me get it to photograph.

Is there something I am doing wrong with these figures? I don't want to drop $300+ just to have a flakey mess.

Well first off, Avenger Cap shield was made out of plastic and the paint was electroplated. thats why it flaked. I don't own the power pose figure and haven't heard of any problem like this. perhaps it has to do with temperature/climate in your area?

The Mark 42 is made of metal. So far there are no reports of any paint problem with the metal figures. I remember someone needed to destroy his to get a replacement so he tried to scratch it on purpose and barely any scratches showed up.

Back