The finest diorama ever (WWII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive... Imagine down the road when there are alot of Star Wars figs... If a bunch of us get together and do something similiar, how impressive would that be?

On those pics, sometimes I had to remind myself that these were 1/6 scale figs... Superb posing... Anyone know if this was based on an actual incident and if they were posing based on actual documented pics?

That was well worth a look. I can just imagine what will happen one day when somebody spends that kind of time setting up a Star Wars display with their Sideshow figures.

I don't think it was any specific event, but I'm guessing that kind of situation was all too common for the germans...

About the psoing, yes, it is great, just the way the clothes hang, the expressions on the faces... simply brilliant!

This frightens me a bit... I can understand an healthy interest in history. Everybody should know about their history and history in general. But this is a bit strange.

Edit: I don't get the fascination for army and war. That's actually my point.

That is frikin SWEET. I wish I had the room, money and talent to do something like that with the Star Wars figs.

tomandshell said:
That was well worth a look. I can just imagine what will happen one day when somebody spends that kind of time setting up a Star Wars display with their Sideshow figures.
We're getting a good start with Jabba and company.

Awesome! I love the gold bars spilling out of the one car.

Thanks for posting.

The shere size and attention to detail is mind-boggling!!! Those are some very talented and somewhat obsessive guys! Thanks for posting!

Just to make things even more amazing... if I remember correctly, the tanks are all metal R/C monsters that actually fire blanks.
Yes, that's right, they have a blank-firing gun inside. They also have a recoil effect for when they fire, a sound system integrated with actual engine and gun sounds of the tanks during WWII, and obviously all kinds of neat moving parts.
I think each tank goes for about 4k.
Now, I haven't seen the locomotive in action, but something tells me it wouldn't be beyond the reach of those guys to make it actually work...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
This frightens me a bit... I can understand an healthy interest in history. Everybody should know about their history and history in general. But this is a bit strange.

Edit: I don't get the fascination for army and war. That's actually my point.

I can understand how today's global conflicts are extremely distasteful for many (including myself), but I don't think that the larger subject of war can be easily relegated into black and white.

Like many kids who grew up with Hollywood's treatment of WWII, my interest in the subject extended to my 1/6th hobby. WWII for many was the most epic conflict between good and evil, and it took place in our recently past century. Many who as kids watched Combat! The Rat Patrol and 12 O’clock High on TV, can trace to those experiences their fascination of the hobby. In addition, in the days before VCR's, reruns of The Guns of Navarone and The Dirty Dozen easily became free action movie entertainment for kids growing up in the 60's and 70's. It's this same fascination that George Lucas borrowed from and exploited (I mean that in a good way) when he developed the concept for Star Wars (Storm troopers lined up in formation just like Hitler's own...Storm troopers!)

No doubt, GI Joe (the first toy to be called an action figure) found its roots from those TV followings, and if not the first 12" figure, the popularity of GI Joe certainly gave birth to this 1/6th hobby that now covers a host of subject matter beyond war.

abake said:
What?!!
GIJoe wasn't the first 12" figure?
My heart is broken.
Seriously, what was the first 12" figure?

Sorry, I actually had Barbie in mind, which is not an action figure (since Hasbro was the first to coin that term)! But they're both technically dolls!

Back