Doh! I Broke Anakin!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I used nail gloss on Anakin's arm peg and I was just trying to switch arms when SNAP! the arm peg broke of the gloved arm (the actual peg is embedded in the upper arm).

Does anyone have some ideas on how to get this out without damaging the figure any worse. :confused: :monkey2

This has been a weird day for me...

DUDE!!!! You need to stop playing with the dollies :lol Just leave them alone.

Would nail polish remover help to get the peg out? Then maybe superglue the peg back on the gloved arm.

Pixletwin, why do you keep ignoring my questions? :monkey2 :D

Is it a clean break? Did you try tweezers? If it is flat across, you might have to make some small intentations for the tweezer arms to get around it.

Oh man that sucks!

You could superglue something to the broken piece of stump and once it is good and dry try to pull them out together? But if the broken piece is superglued/nailpolished into the arm you might be in trouble :monkey2

Ouch!! Maybe you can heat up a small drill bit or something, push it into the peg and then let is cool down inside the peg. Then once it cool maybe you can just pull the peg out after it cools to the drill bit??? Does that make sence???

JustinLuck said:
Pixletwin, why do you keep ignoring my questions? :monkey2 :D
No! :D What questions was I ignoring?!!?
Is it a clean break? Did you try tweezers? If it is flat across, you might have to make some small intentations for the tweezer arms to get around it.[/QUOTE]
Its not quite flat across... About a 1/4 size chip is still in the gloved arm. I tried nail polish remover but I did such an awesome job applying the gloss it has effectively cemented it to the upper arm.

King Darkness said:
Ouch!! Maybe you can heat up a small drill bit or something, push it into the peg and then let is cool down inside the peg. Then once it cool maybe you can just pull the peg out after it cools to the drill bit??? Does that make sence???
I understand... If nothing else works I will try that...

I will try some of your suggestions and let you know how it goes! (pray for me.... Good Lord, I will need it).

If worse comes to worse, Pix, you may have to pose him with the mechanical arm. Or use the Sith Ani gloved arm. Technically, you have two of each arm if you have both figures.

Wor-Gar said:
If worse comes to worse, Pix, you may have to pose him with the mechanical arm. Or use the Sith Ani gloved arm. Technically, you have two of each arm if you have both figures.
Funny you should say that because I actually was trying to remove the gloved arm to change the pose to the mechanical arm. Only problem is the peg (normall a part of the lower arm) broke away and is imbedded in the upper arm. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 WAH!!

and TOE it was reg. Ani (thank de Godz!)

As a last ditch you could always just replace the whole arm. I've never taken a figure apart, but I think the upper arm, elbow and upper forearm are all the same... at least the upper forearm is the same on the robotic arm. I'm sure if the peg is truly a lost cause a little creative surgery could pay off.

Egads, sorry to hear/read about that. That happened to one of my street fighter figures and I used a tweezer to remove the peg from the hand. You might wanna try a hairdryer to warm up the stuck peg, if that would help maybe.

Coheteboy said:
Egads, sorry to hear/read about that. That happened to one of my street fighter figures and I used a tweezer to remove the peg from the hand. You might wanna try a hairdryer to warm up the stuck peg, if that would help maybe.
Ooooo I am getting warm tinglies from that suggestion... That will be the first one I try. Thanks!

It's Ok. he's not real, he never felt a thing. Now go lay down and have a nap. You'll feel better shortly.

Back