My 12" Batman Begins Collection including Ducard & Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckgoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's my 12" Batman Begins Collection:

I also have a Medicom Batman Begins, but it looked too out of scale compared to these figures. Ditto for the DCD Batman Begins.

Here's Ducard dressed in a black suit when he confronts Bruce at Wayne Manor:
ducard0.jpg

Ducard-"Your anger gives you great power, but if you let it, it will destroy you."
ducard1.jpg

Ducard-"To conquer fear, you must become fear...you must bask in the fear of other men....and men fear most what they cannot see."
ducard9.jpg

Ducard-"You have no illusions about the world, Bruce. When I found you in that jail you were lost. But I believed in you. I took away your fear and showed you a path. You were my greatest student... it should be you standing at my side, saving the world."
ducard2.jpg

Bruce-"I'll be standing right where I am now - between you and the people of Gotham."
ducard3.jpg

Ducard-"You're stronger than your father."
Bruce-"You didn't know my father."
ducard12.jpg

Ducard-"Have you finally learned to do what's necessary?"
ducard4.jpg

Batman-"I won't kill you.."
ducard11.jpg

Batman-"But I don't have to save you."
ducard5.jpg

Ducard facing off against the Takara Batman:
ducard6.jpg

Ducard-"When I told you to become a symbol, you took that literally."
ducard7.jpg

My 3 Batman Begins figure:

Batman-"It's not who I am underneath...But what I do that defines me."
ducard8.jpg

Batman-"We will, Gotham will return to normal."
ducard10.jpg

From left to right, Hot Toys, Sovereign Studios, Takara.

Which one out of these 3 is your favorite?

Last edited:
Well even if I love Hot toys a lot, I've gotta say the takara one looks the best in those pics.

Its amazing how the exact same character can differ so much between 3 different companies...I have always preferd the Hot Toys Batman over Takaras, but Takara's looks better in that pic..HT's Baty looks to bulky and the head isn't as good as Tk's(which it has never been).

Sith Lord 0498 said:
From left to right...

Hot Toys, DC Direct, Takara

Personally, I like the Takara face sculpt the best, but the Hot Toys armor and belt are superior.

The middle one is from Sovereign Studios, not DCD.

The Tak looks best in that pic, but there are aspects of the Soveriegn Studios one I quite like too. It seems to have a more leathery look to the pants and gloves, and I like the head best of the lot.

Where did you get the Ducard head? had seen one like it on Ebay and mentioned it in the Ras Al Ghul thread, but can't find it now.

and i finally figured out what the main thing is that makes me like the TAK a bit more. it's the HT torso. it looks too darn short. gives it a toyish look. the TAK has a more realistic torso length. i'll agree that the costuming on the HT is better. wish it was easy to switch the TAK head to the HT bod

Last edited:
One of my big problems with the Takara version is how slim he is. For him to look that slim inside the armor he'd have to be rail thin and Bale was pretty beefy. That and the Takara suit always looks visibly inferior to the HT suit to me, almost like toy vs replica. I still give Takara Bats the nod in cowl sculpt accuracy though, too bad he has that ugly pez dispenser neck joint.

I've said before how much I love that League of Shadows Bruce. Nice outfit on Ducard, but I see more of Dennis Hopper than Liam Neeson in that head sculpt.

I am at odds with my own judgement on this, regarding the HT and the Tak Batman. In your shots, that Tak one is very nice. I do prefer the suit basics of the HT and your shots all show them off to the top of their forms.
BTW, your Ducard is neat. It is a tad too Dennis Hopper...:lol ...but, otherwise, it is a great figure!
The Soveriegn Batman is nice, but not as much as the other two. Don't like his belt or armor as much. Not bad for a custom though! Best one I have seen at any rate.
But, I am still glad I went with the HT, just am sad to not have that great Tak head likeness!

Great shots overall! Now, where's Alfred? :D

Ironman1188 said:
Where did you get the Ducard head? had seen one like it on Ebay and mentioned it in the Ras Al Ghul thread, but can't find it now.

I picked up the head loose unpainted on Ebay. I painted it myself.

TheObsoleteMan said:
One of my big problems with the Takara version is how slim he is. For him to look that slim inside the armor he'd have to be rail thin and Bale was pretty beefy. That and the Takara suit always looks visibly inferior to the HT suit to me, almost like toy vs replica. I still give Takara Bats the nod in cowl sculpt accuracy though, too bad he has that ugly pez dispenser neck joint.

I've said before how much I love that League of Shadows Bruce. Nice outfit on Ducard, but I see more of Dennis Hopper than Liam Neeson in that head sculpt.

The Takara Batman is Bale on Jenny Craig!! Bale was in that movie "The Machinist" before he did Batman and he was scary thin in that movie. Talk about dedication to your art!

Ironman1188 said:

i'm pretty sure that's an eydylhands head commissioned by miketek at the OSW forum. https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45889

it's funny that Figuremaster Les sees dennis hopper in that sculpt. that's who i thought it was when mike showed it to me a while back.:rotfl

Last edited:
Out of the all the Batman Begins figures, here's my verdict:

Hot Toys - Most movie accurate depiction. Love that cape but what a pain to display. The worst headsculpt out of the bunch. The eyes are just off, a repaint could fix that, but I am too chicken to try.

Takara - Most beautiful costume and best posability. Second best headsculpt because of the neck joint. It is not movie accurate, but does look the best overall.

Sovereign Studios - Best headsculpt and the scariest Batman out of the 3.
This is the Batman that I would be afraid of if I run into the Batman in a dark alley. He just looks mean....like he is going to tear my head off.

Medicom - too short, out of scale, looks like Batboy compared to the other 3.

DCD - too big, looks like Andre the Giant from WWF in Batman's costume. Can't display next to our 12" figures. Only works with other DCD figures.

Back