melvinpelayo here.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melvinpelayo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Firstly I would like to apologise for what happened. Yes it is true that I HAVE not sent 2 of the last figures I sold.

I will be back here tonight to work this out. For now, please accept my apologies.

Thank you.

So will you be answering emails and PM's now... a number of us, including myself have been trying to get ahold of you for quite some time now.

dude,.

Just give them their refund and we all forgive you.

Basically, its quite easy for them to track you down.
They got your address from paypal.
They call a local district attorney.
He goes to your house or calls in,.
YOU get in trouble.
Parents get mad.
More trouble.
They(the people you scammed) press charges on you
Legal issues and fines.
and it can only get worse, so to stop all this, a refund would be satisfiable to all
------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE ALL know that YOU DO NOT have the figures.
Its impossible.

i spoke with BOTH KOJUN and ARNIE, and asked about Vancei,

I am korean and SPEAK korean.

They told me you were just another scammer or directly translated, a "charlatan".
So basically, you do not have any of the RARE korean pieces,

and that TROY piece was made by an OSW member.
SO you do not have that as well.

If you've lied this much about those figures, then you've lost all crediblity of having any other figures.

everyone please post what you have paid for and we'll see how many you REALLY haven't shipped.

u tell'im Daniel! yeah some of us have spoke w/ Vancei too (WHY the hell couldn't i have gotten his email before all this?! ARG!!) and he's FURIOUS!!

and i'd LOVE to see him explain this away.
--------------------

ell i posted this awhile back either in this thread or the one down in the Trade section but i'll post it again.

there is incontrovertible evidence that Melvin has scammed us. this was posted down in the Trade section thread by S-Ramos. a highly respected trader at One Sixth Warrior.
--------------

7-20-2006, 05:55 PM #63
S-Ramos

Default Re: Has anyone....
Well sorry too say that ive been taken by this guy as well, and have filed a claim via paypal.

Heres the paypal info he gave me, maybe we should all list the info he gave us so we have more info for paypal.

Name:
Andrew Soliman
Email:
[email protected]
-----------------------

now that is the email address that he was given to buy figures and send money directly to Melvin for the purchases.

that is also the SAME email addy that Melvin gave me to buy a custom Anakin directly from the artist Vancei. that is the same email addy that i've been using to talk w/ "Vancei" for almost a month now. "Vancei" who always gave me constant updates and answered my emails within 24 hours,...until people started to ask about where the figures were that they bought from Melvin. now "Vancei" hasn't responded to any of my emails.

so unless Vancei moved in w/ Melvin and is using the same email address as Melvin to conduct business then they are the SAME person using that email. oh wait.
-------------------
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM #203
melvinpelayo
Master and Commander

Send a message via ICQ to melvinpelayo Send a message via AIM to melvinpelayo Send a message via MSN to melvinpelayo Send a message via Yahoo to melvinpelayo Send a message via Skype™ to melvinpelayo

Default The Ultimate Anakin
This is the Ultimate Anakin Skywalker.

https://www.chinese-starwars.com/chin...er=asc&start=0

After almost a year of looking I finally got in touch with the maker (thanks to Kojun and Arnie Kim) and he is now making it. It's going to take 3 weeks to make and its going to be awesome! The price? Not peanuts...
----------------
it seems it took him a long time to even find Vancei (riiiiight) so i REALLY doubt they share the same email address (wish to gawd i'd checked this ******* a hole's past posts before this all came to light).

anyway, there's proof that he and the "Vancei" that i was dealing w/ are the same person, so if he stole from me in that somewhat complex scam, do u really think you're still gonna recieve any figures u bought from him? that was your run-of-the-mill scam.

FILE W/ PAYPAL AND/OR YOUR CREDIT CARD COMAPNIES NOW!! if u haven't already done so. and file w/ the FBI Internet Fraud division too.

----------

plus i have all the emails where he pretended to be Vancei. will post if anyone wants them.

First off, any korean artist would never sell to a person underage like melvin.
They've been scammed before when a HS student claimed that his dad was gonna pay, and it never followed through.
another student recasted one of Arnie's Indy figures as well.
Basically, KOZUN and ARNIE aren't exactly best buddies with Vancei, so why would melvin have any better access?
Vancei's buddy would be a local store manager or a diehard fan.
Kozun and Arnie aren't the best buddies either, so I see no way he could've accessed them better like so.

at least we knows hes a scammer and we can hope he take actions before he gets seriously, "busted"

sunohc said:
hm, I cna't get into the chinese star wars forum, I'm not sure how.
But i think the posters there would have more inside information than us, so they might be okay, but If this could help, sure.
edit: i 'm already a member :D yay must've done it that one time I had to vote for the terminator custom :D, got a link to where I should post?

Basically , he made up such BS stories I knew from the start (or when I read the post :D)
He said, "yeah I contacted vancei with help of arnie and kojun"
that's racist and incoherent since arnie and kojun aren't customizing sculptor buddies, nor are is kojun really affiliated with Vancei.
However, Vancei and Arnie do know each other quite wel and they are both meticulously and STRONGLY against such scammers.
Arnie once posted on his blog about a hacker on Vancei's blog.

Vancei is super-cautious about his figures due to a previous scam to Arnie.
No where in hell woudl they sell a figure for that cheap ($550 ) and why would melvin want to let all 10 of his super rare figures go?
is he gonna use that money to buy 100 lesser figures?

Vancei only releases his figures locally, and Arnie is now SIGNED with Enterbay so any new customs that come up will probably be sold from there, so I doubt he'll be releasing any more ultra rare-originals. If he does, thats great, but if not, no surprise because he's big-time sculptor.

Kojun has his own studio and a joint 1:6 tailorer, so I can gaurantee his items won't hit a low price tag either. his customs are like 1:6 master replicas

Vancei stopped producing the anakin figures and went into depression for a time because of someone who tried to sell his figure on eBay.

you know how much time and work that anakin figure sucked in?
the shoes are magnetic and heavy, so you don't need a stand.
They are literally constructed the sAME way we construct 1;1 , with all the parts, etc.

The light saber and whole entire forearm was constructed so that the lightsaber could light up.
he resculpted the whoel forum and the upper torso.
That's an amazing custom and I doubt he'd sell t for $550 to a foreigner especially.

so thats just what I got to say.
lets hope melvin acts quickly because soooner or later he's gong to get caught.
I'm betting he's scammed over 1300 dollars worth or more?
I'd go full out if I was scammed even $50.

Last edited:
Yeah Melvin,Andrew,Dae Won Park,Vancei!!!??? Send me my damn 200 bux back through paypal and I will not get the authorities involved.You are in very,very deep poo!!:emperor

Last two figures? You haven't sent any figures...including my 2 medicom vaders. Just refund my paypal account and we'll call it even.

I have stayed out of this up until now. However, Mevin has some real gaul coming back here with that crap excuse. I almost bought a medicom Snake and a HT Halo Rambo from Melvin for 140 dollars. Luckily, I won an eBay auction and didn't have enough money. When I was kind enough to explain this, Melvin tried to lower the price a few times... despite stressing to me when we began he couldn't go lower due to the original prices. This just felt wrong. Its was like he was trying to bait me for whatever money he could get. I was lucky. I am sorry for everyone here who wasn't.

Melvin is hoping to come back here and spread enough doubt about his intentions so that a few of you do not file against him. DON'T FALL FOR IT! PayPal gives you 30 days. Credit Cards, or the majority of them, give you 90 days. File with both if you used a CC through PayPal. PayPal doesn't give a crap about you.. they have made their money. However, if you have a major credit card, and haven't filed a lot of fraud complaints, you will get your money back. Trust me... I filed for 140 dollars worth of stuff from eBay in 2004. After stringing me along, PayPal sent me a congratulation for winning my complaint. However, they couldn't give me the money back due to his account being empty. I called my Mastercard and they refunded the money within 48 hours. A month later PayPal had the gaul to send me an e-mail: "We received a complaint from your card provider. We do wish you would have contacted us first." :rotfl ---------------

Besides, am I the only one who noticed his screen name is: Melvin Play (Y)o(u) ? I really bet he's getting off on all this angst and pain.

How many days of the 30 are already lost?
If you file a complaint now, it is still possible to withdraw in case he should come over the bridge, not? (so no more time to waste and file it I would say)

I didn't buy from him (lucky me), but I know what you are feeling.

I didn't purchase anything..but I once got ripped off really badly and I never got my money back. I foolishly believed this person when they said they would resolve the issue and waited too long.....don't make my mistake.

File against him.

amarcord said:
How many days of the 30 are already lost?
If you file a complaint now, it is still possible to withdraw in case he should come over the bridge, not? (so no more time to waste and file it I would say)

I didn't buy from him (lucky me), but I know what you are feeling.
Exactly. If you were scammed by this guy, FILE A REPORT NOW don't wait for the bugger to make his grand excuse public. :monkey4

Bodie The Cursed said:
Scammer Tactics 101
Give buyer false hope of resolution shortly before Paypal deadline.

It's not only the PayPal deadline. For him it is valuable time to cover his tracks and move to another address, rendering your valuable information, which you have publicly displayed, useless.

Give him the smackdown. File your complaints now. You, who have been criminally deceived, can always withdraw your complaints, which is more than this scab has done up until now. He gave himself away in this thread by saying there were only two items left unsent, when clearly, that was a total lie.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's kinda lame to come here and type just two lines of dialog. With just a vague "sorry" and expect everyone to be cool with it. Melvin has a lot to answer for and I think he's seriously doing this just to buy some time.

Next time you reply, MP, you better have a LOT more to say... or else. :emperor

don't wait on his reply.
he's thinking up a good excuse or researching ways to avoid this scandal, so go ahead and file disputes.
He'll have like 10 disputes in 1 week and paypal will get rid of him or find him fault in every case

Back