Joker rumor - Heath Ledger? Better choices within......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
The rumor is that Heath Ledger has been offered the
part of the Joker in the next installment of Batman.

Here are my choices of actors I think would be amazing as
the Joker, and seem to be a better fit for the character to me:

1. Robin Williams
2. Tim Roth
3. Daniel Day Lewis (could you imagine that!)
4. Crispin Glover
5. Adrian Brody

Who would you like to see, or think would be
fantastic as the Joker in the next Batman film?

JS

Last edited:
Well after Brokeback Mountain, Ledger is odd enough.
Williams would be cool albeit maybe a bit too old. The actor from Batman:Dead End would also be good.

When I saw Crispen Glover a couple of months ago, he was asked about the Joker. He didn't deny that he had been asked. He didn't confirm it either.

He would be my first choice.

I was gonna put the fellow from Dead End, but then I thought
about it and didn't know his range as an actor. He acted "crazy"
enough in Dead End for the Joker, but there'd be more to it than
just that I suspect, so I tried to pick actors I knew had range.

JS

I had never heard/thought about Crispin Glover. He would definately be great though.

From that list I'd pick Tim Roth.

Looking at how good Batman begins was, I wouldn't want them to drop the ball with the next film. I'm hoping they cast as well as the first film. I wouldn't be to put out if the joker was played by an unknowen or up and coming actor.

Either way I can't wait.:D

I didnt think Bale would make a good Batman when he was announced, but he turned out to be an awesome Batman...Sometimes its hard to picture an actor you are familiar with in comic roles you are also familiar with....I surley didn't think Michael Keaton was going to be a good Batman and he was great...So there is a good chance Ledger could and would make and awesome Joker..We know his a good actor so why not? Its all in the script and the direction...Anyone on that list I think could make great Jokers..

This is practically confirmed. Very definate he will play the Joker in the sequel.

My first reaction was, that it was a terrible idea. He just isnt what I could think of as the Joker in my vision.
But then I thought. Nolan picked this guy. He is responsible for the master cast of the last film, I have to put my faith in the man. As I know he will make it awesome.
And I sure hope it happens, as the Joker is the best villian ever created.
All I can do now, is wait.

Back