Crysis for XBLA & PSN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be 1600 Microsoft Points on XBLA (confirming arcade download only status)

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9533-Crysis-Priced-For-the-Xbox-Live-Arcade.html

EA has announced the pricing for the original Crysis on consoles, which it's also been confirmed will be coming as a downloadable title to the Xbox Live Arcade, with a remastered, modified and enhanced version of the game coming next month for a bargain price.

“We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality – and still is for many gamers even four years later,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming.”

Crysis is heading to XBLA in October 2011, with optimised Nanosuit controls, fine-tuned combat and support for full stereoscopic 3D, meaning that tropical jungle island in the South China Sea circa 2019 will look better than ever. And you can have all of this when Crysis launches on XBLA next month for a mere 1600 Microsoft Points. Get in.

The PC version's been out since 2007 and its sequel (Crysis 2) came out this year on consoles as well as PC and both have had reasonably active threads here on SSF. Crysis stands out from other shooters because it had an open world. The 8 kilometer sq island was huge at the time for an fps. It was also the reigning king in terms of graphics prowess. I'd still contend that it looks better than 90% of newer shooters.

This console version of Crysis looks like the PC version on Medium settings + new lighting effects. Good for you console-only gamers.

Well, I might have more interest if the title wasn't spelled wrong. This ain't 1992, people. You don't need "cool" misspellings to sell video games :lol

Itz a Crysis Boyyyyyzzz!

Well, I might have more interest if the title wasn't spelled wrong. This ain't 1992, people. You don't need "cool" misspellings to sell video games :lol

Itz a Crysis Boyyyyyzzz!

The studio made the game Far Cry which this is technically a sequel for. However, they no longer owned the IP so they had to name it something else. They wanted to make sure that people would notice it's a sequel to Far Cry but still have a unique name.

I'd still recommend playing the pc version. A $400 pc in 2011 could probably (maybe, kinda sorta, ehhh) play Crysis on high settings. Heck if you bought a decent rig from at least 2010 I think you'd get a better experience from this game than what's shown on the consoles.

Try low.

A $400 desktop maybe.

Crysis PC still hasn't been beaten in visuals... not even by Crysis 2.

Try low.

A $400 desktop maybe.

Crysis PC still hasn't been beaten in visuals... not even by Crysis 2.

Somewhere in between, I'd say. Medium.

I think Battlefield 3 gives vanilla Crysis (without mods) a run for its money. It's really all in the lighting effects nowadays. Crysis 2 was a misstep because it's obvious it was developed for consoles first-and-foremost. The DX11 update for PC did boost the graphics some.

edit: I just found this comparison between the two versions. Note only the amount of foliage rendered. Everything else is a wash for now since the screencap of the console version is from a compressed youtube feed.

Crysis ps3/360 trailer
unledwan.jpg

PC
crysis2011090912510250.jpg

Last edited:
Well, one of the reasons the first took so much power to run was just that it wasn't optimized as much as it should have been.

With Cryengine 3 though they improved some things but lost in other areas. This looks like they probably just ported Crysis to Cryengine 3. I'm guessing they'll have Warhead coming out next year for consoles then.

I'm wondering what they're going to do for multiplayer though

Meh...this was nothing more than a mediocre game with fancy eye candy. The only thing about this game I found remotely cool was the fact that when you played the hardest difficulty the enemies only spoke in Korean.

Back to your linear shooters!

Yes it looks real good for consoles. But another thing about promo vids/pics is that they're sharper than what it'll actually look like when released.

Some things the consoles will suffer in are shaders and draw-distance.

Last edited:
Back