Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone a Star Trek TNG super fan here.

I?m looking for an episode where the enterprise comes swooping in from the sky over a farm on earth in a big pivotal moment during the episode but I don?t remember what that pivotal moment was lol

It was daylight and maybe the farm was in france but I could be wrong.

That sounds exciting. :lol

So what's popular over there? What are kids into?

Marvel stuff (mostly the main MCU trio, IM, CA and Thor) and some DC stuff (Batman and Superman) for boys, Frozen/Tangled stuff for girls. The usual classics like hotwheels/matchbox, basket/soccer balls, bikes and toy guns (like Nerf) are still popular among boys as are dolls like Barbie or other playsets for girls.

Marvel stuff (mostly the main MCU trio, IM, CA and Thor)

lzLSMpg.png

What's really sad about that list is that there isn't a single original movie. They're all sequels, remakes, spinoffs, or IP based. 2020 is no different from the looks of it. Sad start to a new decade. :(

The era of the original-story blockbuster is long gone.

IMO it shows also on toys. Kids nowadays don't know who the OT characters are. Nobody was buying any of the toys here in my country apart from the lightsabers. This year, one of our friends gave away SW action figures to the kids. None of the kids played (or even opened) them. Without nostalgia, I don't think SW as a franchise has anything to stand on right now.

Wait a minute, where's this "new generation of fans" I kept hearing about for the past five years?:monkey3

I'm not a super fan, and my memory isn't as good. But I don't think the USS Enterprise D (the ship on TNJ) ever went down into the atmosphere because if I recall right, it was incapable of (only its saucer could).

You might be thinking of TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday:

C8AHeCe.jpg

Or Star Trek Enterprise episode Storm Front.

QuJRHJX.jpg

Nope it was TNG :gah:

Same way you sit through the ST with rose colored Mickey Mouse glasses on

Fair enough but please don?t ever ask me to watch Justice League sober lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO it shows also on toys. Kids nowadays don't know who the OT characters are. Nobody was buying any of the toys here in my country apart from the lightsabers. This year, one of our friends gave away SW action figures to the kids. None of the kids played (or even opened) them. Without nostalgia, I don't think SW as a franchise has anything to stand on right now.

Then why can't I get a bunch of 6" ANH stormtroopers for 1-3$ each? I need some heads. So I can spike them and use with my 6" Mando figs.:cool:

And I wouldn't let a small child near my toys.:lol Especially the Mando AT-ST since it wants to fall over.

Wait a minute, where's this "new generation of fans" I kept hearing about for the past five years?

Yeah, but it's not like being a fan of something NEW. Like listening to Favreau talk about seeing SW for the first time at 10 years old and being blown away. LOTR, SW, POTC, Jurassic Park, Transformers, even MCU and DC now - part of the culture. Stuff that was never done before has been done.

Also, thanks to the pacing of these ST films like a video game. It's hard to backtrack and think like a 10 year old, but hard to develop a relationship with characters if they are moving too fast. Or relate to the blue milk thing unless u live on a dairy farm I guess.

seacowicecream.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Holy *&^%$ awesome thanx for posting. Driver needs to become permanent part of SNL to save it from the Dark Side.:cool:

LOL "and now u'll die like him too" *&&^% they should've had SNL do the films.

Very funny...but the anachronistic and inaccurate (to add insult to injury) armours were bugging me. :gah: :rotfl

I'm not sure either was a "victim of TLJ". Solo was a film nobody asked for.

Guardians of the Galaxy was also a film nobody asked for... and it was a huge hit. Part of that success was that it came on the heels of a great and popular franchise.

Not the case with Solo, if fact, the opposite. Had TLJ been a great Star Wars movie (in the traditional sense) Solo likely would have faired much better.

That said, I do agree that Star Wars is a tired franchise. Its been around a long time and recently been exploited to the hilt without much success -- meaning without one truly great movie (as much as I love RO, I wouldn't say its a great movie).

Star Wars needs to go away for 10 years... and when it returns, it needs total new and fresh blood behind it. And not just someone familiar with the old stories, but someone who can extrapolate new ideas from the old 'canon'.

Star Wars needs to go away for 10 years...

Or better yet 20 or 30 years, not that Disney would ever exercise that much restraint. There just isn't a pressing story to tell right now, let the ST be the "OT" or "PT" that previous generations have grown up with without immediately moving on to the next trilogy just two short years from now. Let the new stories breathe, re-release them in theaters every few years in select theaters to let people revisit (or experience for the first time) these on the big screen again. You know, like they used to.

I'll give them Mando and Baby Yoda right now since they have captured the love of the public but otherwise having a revolving door of "main" heroes of SW is just going to condition new fans to not invest or get too attached to any given one.

and when it returns, it needs total new and fresh blood behind it. And not just someone familiar with the old stories, but someone who can extrapolate new ideas from the old 'canon'.

Yep it needs to go dormant now the way that Blade Runner, Mad Max, LOTR and even the OT did after their late 70's/early 80's theatrical releases. Then let it come back with mind blowing vengeance.

Guardians of the Galaxy was also a film nobody asked for... and it was a huge hit. Part of that success was that it came on the heels of a great and popular franchise.

Not the case with Solo, if fact, the opposite. Had TLJ been a great Star Wars movie (in the traditional sense) Solo likely would have faired much better.

That said, I do agree that Star Wars is a tired franchise. Its been around a long time and recently been exploited to the hilt without much success -- meaning without one truly great movie (as much as I love RO, I wouldn't say its a great movie).

Star Wars needs to go away for 10 years... and when it returns, it needs total new and fresh blood behind it. And not just someone familiar with the old stories, but someone who can extrapolate new ideas from the old 'canon'.

But, but, that's exactly what Disney is doing, or trying to do, re recent articles. Or thinking about. Either the rumored prequels 400 years back, or more stories like Mando focused on other groups...which to me is exciting. It's about time. Less focus on this Skywalker dynasty, and more on what the rest of the galaxy is up to. Like after Order 66, which Jedi survived? stuff like that.

My concern is Disney - and MCU is guilty of this - &^%$ writing. The apparent trend to hire up-and-coming writers, or a whole lot of writers, as tho writing a compelling, consistent story/screenplay is easy. Even the *loved* IW had *&^% lines like "then it will be the noblest ending in history" r u kidding. Also over-pressuring a director for a release, even if waiting 6 months while things get tweaked would help (not always tho).

KK's comment about "no SW material" - always wondered if what that really meant is "we are being too cheap to option stuff, so we are only working from stuff we have rights to.":dunno

Back