HT Predator 1 Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how did the magazine obtain the photos?
Didnt HT sign a release form?
It was more then a few fuzzy picts, they look professionally done.

I found those new members who are predators and alien fans a bit annoying....I might hang out a bit more in this section of the board as of now....

So how did the magazine obtain the photos?
Didnt HT sign a release form?
It was more then a few fuzzy picts, they look professionally done.

I would assume that law allows Hot Toys to publicize things overseas without licensor approval, but they underestimated the age of the internet and the images essentially became globally distributed, which somehow then infringes on the deal with FOX and FOX yells at HT for publicly showing photos of unapproved products.

Without digging through these threads, the basic gist is that HT is in the ^^^^hole with Fox because the stuff isn't approved and being shown and the fanboys are freaking out removing the pics because someone asked them to or the licensing fairy will be pissed and take these away from HT...or something along those lines....right?

All I know is all this hullabaloo means longer until order and release.

Hah, I think you're willing to spend $100+ on what is essentially a toy, hell, any toy, you're pretty much a fanboy of something.

If you say you're not, you're either A. lying to yourself, or B. you have way to much money to just throw around. But, that's just my opinion.

I love both equally. So i'll defend either side when the situation calls for it....here, the Aliens need to be defended.

I would assume that law allows Hot Toys to publicize things overseas without licensor approval, but they underestimated the age of the internet and the images essentially became globally distributed, which somehow then infringes on the deal with FOX and FOX yells at HT for publicly showing photos of unapproved products.

That makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. HT KNOWS exactly what the fan base is like over here and they sure as hell know how the internet works. IF, and I do mean a huge IF, this was to be such a big secret, they would have blanked the faces like they did with Dallas and Kane. I think it's all bull^^^^.

The pics I have were scanned and sent by Hot Toys themselves.

And if anyone really thinks this will affect any type of deal with the release of these figures, they couldn't be more wrong.

But, it's your board. So delete away.

Last edited:

Sorry dude. That bucket holds no water.

That makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. HT KNOWS exactly what the fan base is like over here and they sure as hell know how the internet works. IF, and I do mean a huge IF, this was to be such a big secret, they would have blanked the faces like they did with Dallas and Kane. I think it's all bull^^^^.

The pics I have were scanned and sent by Hot Toys themselves.

And if anyone really thinks this will affect any type of deal with the release of these figures, they couldn't be more wrong.

But, it's your board. So delete away.

Why are you so against this. Even if it is a load of crap, what is the real harm of pulling some pictures down temporarily until official product information comes out on the off chance that they're being up could harm the likelihood of getting the figures. Keeping a few pictures up with even the notion of it killing chances of getting the figures doesn't seem worth it to me, they're just pictures, I think everyone would rather them come down and get the figures.

Why are you so against this. Even if it is a load of crap, what is the real harm of pulling some pictures down temporarily until official product information comes out on the off chance that they're being up could harm the likelihood of getting the figures. Keeping a few pictures up with even the notion of it killing chances of getting the figures doesn't seem worth it to me, they're just pictures, I think everyone would rather them come down and get the figures.

The figures will get made, regardless of whether the pics are pulled or not.

Everyone is talking "notion" and "off chance" and "likelihood". It just seems a tad ridiculous to me. But again, it's not my board. I'm just expressing my opinion.

It's all good, I was just trying to understand why some people are very adiment (spelling) about keeping pictures up after we've pretty much all seen them, had a chance to save them to our PCs and don't need them up on here and are opposed to their removal. It does seem farfetched that a few early leaked pictures could affect this, but I also don't put it past license holders to make decisions that hurt the end customer, LFL does it, and FOX doesn't seem the brightest

After the figures ship and arrive in our hands, the SSF board members march into the Hot Toys office...

"You set us up! It's all bull^^^^, all of it, the picture problems, FOX breathing down your neck."

"We knew we couldn't get you to buy the figures unless we made you think they were controversial."

"So you make up some story and drop the lot of us into a meat grinder. What happened to you Hot Toys, you used to be a manufacturer we could trust."

"You're an asset, an expendible asset."

"I and my fellow collectors are not expendible, and we don't buy this kind of product."

After the figures ship and arrive in our hands, the SSF board members march into the Hot Toys office...

"You set us up! It's all bull^^^^, all of it, the picture problems, FOX breathing down your neck."

"We knew we couldn't get you to buy the figures unless we made you think they were controversial."

"So you make up some story and drop the lot of us into a meat grinder. What happened to you Hot Toys, you used to be a manufacturer we could trust."

"I and my fellow collectors are not expendible, and we don't buy this kind of product."

:lol:lol:rotfl

Brilliant!!
:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Back