1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old pic....posting before I delete
IMG_20180319_001025.jpg

I just bought DOM Indy from BBTS. the sculpt is fantastic in my opinion! the hat though..if anyone has a DX05 fedora I'm looking ha!

so my figure has the left shoulder issue.. I carefully opened him up, and indeed found it to be broken. being that I'm impatient i decided to fix it myself..

I started my removing the rubber chest. you have to cut a straight line down side, but the thickness is enough where re-gluing will not be an issue. the rubber chest is also lightly glued in the middle of the front and back, hairdrier heat takes care of that.
indydamage1.jpeg

indydamage2.jpeg

indydamage3.jpeg

indydamage4.jpeg

the rest is easy using some high power glue i just reattached it. I do lose a little movement since it is now in a fixed position but the pose I plan to leave him in doesn't really require it..

I just bought DOM Indy from BBTS. the sculpt is fantastic in my opinion! the hat though..if anyone has a DX05 fedora I'm looking ha!

so my figure has the left shoulder issue.. I carefully opened him up, and indeed found it to be broken. being that I'm impatient i decided to fix it myself..

I started my removing the rubber chest. you have to cut a straight line down side, but the thickness is enough where re-gluing will not be an issue. the rubber chest is also lightly glued in the middle of the front and back, hairdrier heat takes care of that.
View attachment 403180

View attachment 403183

View attachment 403184

View attachment 403185

the rest is easy using some high power glue i just reattached it. I do lose a little movement since it is now in a fixed position but the pose I plan to leave him in doesn't really require it..
Shouldn't have had to go through the trouble. BBTS would have exchanged it if it arrived broken.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a cool toy for sure and as a major TOD fan it'd be a prized item for me. Wont be easy for me to afford but there's some collectible shops where I live that might be able to occasionally receive it. I know TOD isn't the most beloved of the series but it's always been my favorite of the series (as well as my favorite version of Indy), so anything pertaining to it would definitely be sought by me.

I agree; it’s my favorite Indy “out of the box”. All I did was replace the “mattel-quality” bagstrap with one of Mike Fishers and use a HT DX hat. Sound as a pound.

I’m looking for a DX Fedora for my Sideshow TOD Indy. Don’t want to infringe on anyone else’s offers or request out there but if anyone can help me out give me a shout.

Thanks!

Jase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine from BBTS, right out of the box, I took the shirt off and soaked it and then refitted in the figure and began to dry it. Which fixed the “flared” collar and brought the shirt forward and down instead of pulling back on the figure. I finally weathered the shirt and pants. For being so ripped up as they appear in the movie - Sideshow’s version here is way too pristine. I repainted the blood lashes on the back of the shirt giving a slight wet look at the impact/cut sites, and finally did a sweat stains application on the shirt around collar, front, back, and arm pits. Such a great figure in hand. Glad I pulled the trigger on this.

Before:
e9964d707d0fedf675b6d6a050b76194.jpg
60d6fcbe867598fc12f1345a6b83a9e8.jpg

After:

3174d9293f6fdaa60e4497fe72ee92fe.jpg
5be1f7cd15ebb125f4491b09124f98bc.jpg

Couple extra... Pants weathered and “skin” in the hole on the knee has painted wound area.
c6832109c4f8276e704c3f3e9a45b22e.jpg

All put together -

dd08edd300466ffc48b156d0ee36f27b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! ^^

Here's a couple new shots of mine - no mods or anything.

INDY_TOD-020.jpg

INDY_TOD-019.jpg

I wish Sideshow would re-visit Indy one last time with a TLC version. The quality jump between the original and this TOD one was fantastic...one can only hope and imagine the leap forward with a new TLC version.

What's "high power glue"?

In areas like joints I'm always seeing if there's something that can handle it beyond superglue.

Back