1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up mine yesterday to complete my Dark Knight collection... great figure but the leather has gone to hell and back... flaking on the boots, arms and bodysuit. Looks like I've got to pick up an aftermarket suit. Can anyone recommend one? I've seen some for sale in aliexpress but not sure the quality, but anythings better than the current condition... lol!

I'd buy a loose one if I was you, if you buy the suit alone there's risk of tearing (if it's not already) I've kept mine in the box for over a year now... I better go check it

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I’m interested in getting this figure. The real HT is quite pricey, so I’m thinking of getting the So-Toy knock off. Anyone know how good of a knock off it is? Is it worth it for the price?

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I’m interested in getting this figure. The real HT is quite pricey, so I’m thinking of getting the So-Toy knock off. Anyone know how good of a knock off it is? Is it worth it for the price?
Get the Prime1 statue is far better

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Just picked up mine yesterday to complete my Dark Knight collection... great figure but the leather has gone to hell and back... flaking on the boots, arms and bodysuit. Looks like I've got to pick up an aftermarket suit. Can anyone recommend one? I've seen some for sale in aliexpress but not sure the quality, but anythings better than the current condition... lol!

Yep, I bought a brand new, sealed-in-shipper a couple of months back and the gloves, boot and suit were all flaking. It was bad out of the box but a day later tons more had fallen off, even without touching the figure. A posing session would have completely destroyed it. Shame as it was one I really wanted. Wouldn't recommend buying a sealed version of this at all.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

hi guys,

Today i dug out an old Catwoman Selina Kyle Body i bought a year ago, or so. I stored it in bubble wrap in a carboard box away from light and heat etc. It seems the plastic / rubber underlay in the chest area dissolves. The chest was oily and this stuff appeard under the hard rubber chest.
Unfortunatly i removed some of the oil before i took the pics. But you can still see some of it on the body and the shoulders!

Did somebody ever have a problem like this before? I had a third party head sculpt once start to oil out on the face! I think it was from DiD.

Should i still use the body for a kitbash? i'm a bit concerned to ruin any clothes i put on the body and also i think this could be "contagious" to other figures maybe ... ? I live in an area that is climatically normal / stable. No extreme heat, humidity or dry and hot, etc.

Any suggestions welcome. ^_^

20210222_135729.jpg
20210222_135748.jpg
20210222_135804.jpg
20210222_135813.jpg
20210222_135816.jpg
20210222_135826.jpg
20210222_135829.jpg
20210222_135853.jpg
20210222_135856.jpg
20210222_140008.jpg

Any solution for the flanking pleather
thank you
depending on the severity of the flaking, you could try using some Angelus Black leather paint to try to repair it a little. However, if your boots are really dry and cracking already, you're more than likely out of luck now and better off trying to find some replacements.

depending on the severity of the flaking, you could try using some Angelus Black leather paint to try to repair it a little. However, if your boots are really dry and cracking already, you're more than likely out of luck now and better off trying to find some replacements.
The boots are dry and cracking
I will try to remove all the pleather and use Angelus Black paint.
if I don’t like the result I will try to find some replacements.
Thanks for your reply

Back