Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris-ortega-ilm-art2.jpg

chris-ortega-ilm-art2a.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qv3qa

I love those pictures of Mallikili and the Rancor. Both really funny and a bit sad and cute... so dumb and so smart.

Does it really beat the Gentle Giant piece..? I'm not sure it does.

If I didn?t care about scale I?d choose the GG piece. Even if this one looks awesome, I love how the rancor stands in the GG statue. And Mallikili. ...but then again this rancor isn?t really in the scale I?d want anyways.

Does it really beat the Gentle Giant piece..? I'm not sure it does.

The Gentle Giant looks nice but it's only 16" tall and easily a tick or two below this one(at least the proto) in terms of paint. Plus it goes for quite a lot of money nowadays.

I am selling the GG one if anyone is interested. The paint on the SS looks BAD !

I asked about it on fb and they blamed the bright lights. we will see...

I am selling the GG one if anyone is interested. The paint on the SS looks BAD !

I asked about it on fb and they blamed the bright lights. we will see...

Would you like to share what exactly looks so bad to you? (No offense, I just don't think it looks BAD !)

And lighting can (and will) make a big difference. When you compare the photos to the movie version it looks different but the environment is also completely different.

Would you like to share what exactly looks so bad to you? (No offense, I just don't think it looks BAD !)

And lighting can (and will) make a big difference. When you compare the photos to the movie version it looks different but the environment is also completely different.

the lack of shading is my biggest issue. second is the lack of "gloss" in the mouth area.

it looks far too monotone for my tastes...based on that (hopefully) bad pic of course.

GG did a pretty amazing job on theirs.

Attachments

• 9d2346381946c40e79e6669303fea48f.jpg
    9d2346381946c40e79e6669303fea48f.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 149
the lack of shading is my biggest issue. second is the lack of "gloss" in the mouth area.

it looks far too monotone for my tastes...based on that (hopefully) bad pic of course.

GG did a pretty amazing job on theirs.

I believe your GG pictures are shot in a total different light environment. Shading is applied by lights right? ;)

The pictures from SS are clearly more bright so I don't worry there.

When SS or HT brings a figure which I place in a daylight situation and I compare it with a scene in a dark shot with lighting applied (as can be said for most shots in jabba's palace), I think it is common sense to say the shading will look different.

The gloss in the mouth is ok for me, but to each his own of course :)

I believe this statue will be awesome, and in it's scale alone it will easily make an impression. For the detail and paint job, I don't worry too much at this moment.

One more reason not to worry yet is the latest Jabba figure from SS. In the proto / preview pictures from SS I didn't like it at all. When the in hand pictures came (including pictures with better lighting) I was convinced to buy it.

Leaves me to say that calling this paint job bad in capitals, is quite harsh to me :) (again, no offense everyone has an opinion and that's great for discussion)

I believe your GG pictures are shot in a total different light environment. Shading is applied by lights right? ;)

The pictures from SS are clearly more bright so I don't worry there.

When SS or HT brings a figure which I place in a daylight situation and I compare it with a scene in a dark shot with lighting applied (as can be said for most shots in jabba's palace), I think it is common sense to say the shading will look different.

The gloss in the mouth is ok for me, but to each his own of course :)

I believe this statue will be awesome, and in it's scale alone it will easily make an impression. For the detail and paint job, I don't worry too much at this moment.

One more reason not to worry yet is the latest Jabba figure from SS. In the proto / preview pictures from SS I didn't like it at all. When the in hand pictures came (including pictures with better lighting) I was convinced to buy it.

Leaves me to say that calling this paint job bad in capitals, is quite harsh to me :) (again, no offense everyone has an opinion and that's great for discussion)

no offense taken at all. I want this to be amazing as I have it pre-ordered. You are right that lighting plays a role. no doubt. I just hope that is the case here when these begin to hit collectors' hands. Here are 2 pics of the same statue to illustrate your point : )

Attachments

• Star-Wars-Rancor-Gentle-Giant-Handler-No.jpg
    Star-Wars-Rancor-Gentle-Giant-Handler-No.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 303
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 294
Ok with me. I haven?t pre ordered but still considering it. If I can figure out a display area for it that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right below Jabba;)

I would seriously love to make a dio that resembles the pit with the gate door, but I have the same problem as you.

I just hope the extra time is being used to make sure they get this right.

Right below Jabba;)

I would seriously love to make a dio that resembles the pit with the gate door, but I have the same problem as you.

I just hope the extra time is being used to make sure they get this right.

Yeah I definitely would want it above Jabba. I build my own shelves but wall real estate is almost nil at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No footage of this yet? Saw it in the background but no feature or closeups vids yet? Eager to see a production piece.

No footage of this yet? Saw it in the background but no feature or closeups vids yet? Eager to see a production piece.

Yesterday they showed it pretty close up if you check the vids on YouTube. It is the prototype though I believe. The Rancor has been pushed back to Q4.

Back