Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a nice Vader helmet. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

What price range, what accuracy level? I'd say right out of my mind to try getting the EFX PCR Vader, if not interested in a more accurate or expensive helmet. There are also some nice fan made helmets that are pretty good

I'm waiting on RS to do their Vader helmet but they seem to have gone quiet on that front.

This morning it was Christmas time.
I received Star Wars The Archives from Taschen. I know some of you already have but wanted to share.

It is huge and heavy, about 15 lbs.
It’s much more than a simple book. It’s delivered in an art box as a collectible. I think it is the ultimate SW book for any OT lover.
It’s gorgeous.

A few shots:

It's a superb book and huge indeed, congrats!
I also got a nice book a couple days ago, the Death Star Owner's Workshop Manual, I already had the TIE Fighter volume, but not this one:

Book Death Star Owner's Workshop Manual 01.JPG

Book Death Star Owner's Workshop Manual 02.jpg

Would love to get that Archives book one day.

I have both the OT & PT Chronicles Star Wars books. A couple of others on my list I'd love to own too. I just find it hard to drop that kind of money on a book.

Yeah I fully understand. Me too it took me a while before ordering. It’s very pricey for a book but we all spent more money for crappy stuff.
I can assure you that it worth every cent or penny.
It is really a unique book.
Personally, after this one, all my others SW books on my list immediately vanished...
IMO, if you could just buy one SW book, this is the one.
The format is absolutely unpractical but so immersive.

There are quite many good books similar to this one, though some are smaller: The Making of Star Wars (all 3 books), Sculpting a Galaxy (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, Star Wars Blueprints (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Chronicles (both the 90's edition, and the new Japanese "Vehicles" one), Star Wars Costumes, Star Wars Archives (aka From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - different titles, same content released in the 90's), Star Wars Storyboards, Star Wars The Visual Dictionary, Industrial Light & Magic (2 books), Star Wars Objets Du Mythe, etc.

There are quite many good books similar to this one, though some are smaller: The Making of Star Wars (all 3 books), Sculpting a Galaxy (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, Star Wars Blueprints (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Chronicles (both the 90's edition, and the new Japanese "Vehicles" one), Star Wars Costumes, Star Wars Archives (aka From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - different titles, same content released in the 90's), Star Wars Storyboards, Star Wars The Visual Dictionary, Industrial Light & Magic (2 books), Star Wars Objets Du Mythe, etc.

Great list, jkno. I've got most of those and while some contain duplicates of a few photos, each one is worth getting.

Yeah great list!

The Rinzler’s books are amazing. But maybe what is new and awesome on ?*The archives*? is that the book itself is a giant interview of Lucas himself. So there is no exterior point of view or analysis, but Lucas himself.
And these giant pics!

I've got a couple of precision cast helmets I'd like to put on display. I know folks use paper towel holders, and was wondering if anyone could recommend one or two? Preferably from Amazon if possible (I'm not really going into stores).

Thanks in advance!

I've got a couple of precision cast helmets I'd like to put on display. I know folks use paper towel holders, and was wondering if anyone could recommend one or two? Preferably from Amazon if possible (I'm not really going into stores).

Thanks in advance!

They all work same, I have a few different styles. Just do a search in Amazon, and see what fits your budget and eyes, couldn't be simpler.
I also have a few from walmart for $5 or less.

I ordered the one below from Amazon some time ago. I also recommend getting one of those Styrofoam balls to stick to the top so that the helmet will be held in place and won't risk damage from the inside.

Vader stand 2.jpg

Vader stand.jpg

732D1C40-5BA9-40D7-A9F5-5AE06F698BED.jpgC98A6370-6E88-4CD3-AC4C-4E645C8D889B.jpg

Anovos Shadow Trooper

Been searching for a nice display if anybody has any recommendations

Back