Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only ST collectible lol

d82656951485872d7c1c96353e4d19a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that one of the new ST robots in the middle of the two ships?

There's a canon backstory as to why Mustafar looks different. Short answer is that it had been cooling during the half century since ROTS allowing plants to start growing again (supposedly it was once a lush paradise before some powerful Force chick mucked it up.)

I think the guys Kylo was slaughtering at the beginning might have even been trying to help restore it.

Either way it seems to keep with Disney's tradition of bringing in elements of the PT but in a way that can still be compartmentalized *away* from the PT if you don't want them to be canon.

For instance in RO Mustafar is the only planet shown that doesn't have its name printed in text at the bottom of the screen. So if you just want it to be "Vader's Lava Planet" and not something from the PT you can easily do that.

That’s such ******** (Not what you said, what Disney is doing). Disney is so full of BS.

I got a rat trap for Mickey Mouse right here…

I heard that someone on the Disney team misprinted the Mustafar title card deliberately at the last minute and Disney only had time to remove it...

the card read: Mustardfart

Is that one of the new ST robots in the middle of the two ships?

I already like it better than D-O lol

What do you mean one ST collectible I see two right there.

Poe's ship and Rey's ship, lol.

:chase

Oh man

Rey is the banker from it?s a wonderful life

Buy a cabbage patch doll, put a spider on it, and display it with Kylo.

lol

lol

I also enjoy parts of TLJ more than TROS but it also seems for some that TROS actually improved TLJ for them.

I actually think that each of the 3 in the ST have something really great to offer and not so great things to offer.

Look we?re too close to this trilogy.

Once time passes we will all reevaluate from a greater distance.

Proximity tends to plays havoc with emotions and critical analysis.

For me all 3 ST are just like ROTJ meaning I rate all 3 with a 50/50 split, crazy right.

Well, I'm glad something helped them come to terms with TLJ.

I don't think anything will ever come close to Star Wars and Empire, at least not for me, but I'm glad to get some ROTJ level entertainment.

The only time I ever truly hated a Star Wars movie was AOTC. I have managed to find something to love in every other Star Wars movie, even if the majority was terrible.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Look we?re too close to this trilogy.

Once time passes we will all reevaluate from a greater distance.

Proximity tends to plays havoc with emotions and critical analysis.

Yep and as I said before I think that the future will be very kind to the Saga for new generations when they binge them all at once for the first time. The woke TLJ stuff will feel like a minor blip, people won't be that confused about why there's still Stormtroopers and TIE Fighters in Episode 7 (with umpteen seasons of Mando in between), people won't be outraged at TLJ Luke without three decades of EU and mental head canons, and the source of Rey's power will be explained within hours instead of years.

The PT will always be a bit of a slog to get through but then things pick up real quick with Solo and RO and then of course some nice ROTS future payoff with Palps and his "abilities some would consider unnatural" coming to full fruition in TROS.

“A bit of a slog to get through”

Man, that ain’t just the prequels. If I’m a person that has never seen Star Wars, I’d definitely think most of the movies were weird garbage. Hell, the OT included. The original Star Wars is dated as ****. If I hadn’t grown up with it and experienced then as a kid, there’s no way the adult me would appreciate it. ****in’ dated 70s movie with people dressed up in alien costumes and dingy robots drinking blue milk. Little midgets and puppets in every movie, shiieeet.

And if you watch it in order from Episode 1 on, forget it. The jump from Rogue One to Star Wars alone would be jarring. You go from one movie with fast paced action and everyone dying to this slow flick where this dude is acting like a child whining to his aunt and uncle on some desert planet. Got **** blowing up in every scene in Rogue One, to some old dudes having a crappy sword fight while the heroes are stuck in a pit with rubber props and a stop motion eyeball closing in around them. Might have captured the imagination of young people 30-40 years ago, but not today.

George’s “Star Wars is Forever” was a marketing slogan. Star Wars has always been about the toys and the toy sales ain’t doing so well these days.

?A bit of a slog to get through?

Man, that ain?t just the prequels. If I?m a person that has never seen Star Wars, I?d definitely think most of the movies were weird garbage. Hell, the OT included. The original Star Wars is dated as ****. If I hadn?t grown up with it and experienced as a kid, there?s no way the adult me would appreciate it. ****in? dated 70s movie with people dressed up in alien costumes and dingy robots drinking blue milk. Little midgets and puppets in every movie, shiieeet.

That's why China doesn't care for it. The nostalgia mind trick doesn't work on them.

I know a girl (28 years old) from work that went to see TLJ with her mom and that was her FIRST time watching a SW film. Needless to say, she has no interest in SW.

Either way it seems to keep with Disney's tradition of bringing in elements of the PT but in a way that can still be compartmentalized *away* from the PT if you don't want them to be canon.

For instance in RO Mustafar is the only planet shown that doesn't have its name printed in text at the bottom of the screen. So if you just want it to be "Vader's Lava Planet" and not something from the PT you can easily do that.

Seems unlikely, a better theory is that they didn't want to spoil the Vader "surprise".

I know they failed to mention the Geonosian origins of the DS, but if they were trying to avoid the PT why have Mustafar at all (or PT actors for that matter).

For me all 3 ST are just like ROTJ meaning I rate all 3 with a 50/50 split, crazy right.

Not really, my "three-way" is ROTS/TFA/TLJ in equal fourth after ESB/ANH/ROTJ. (TROS is second-last, only ahead of Solo)

I'm yet to give TROS a second viewing but in my mind it's becoming a curious mix of EU concepts and B-movie serial pulp (not unlike the PT!)

Last edited:
So TROS has a lower rating than TPM, I'm wondering if people feel like it deserves that? By the way, the rating of TPM was originally higher until it got the 3D re-release which lowered it.

Did you pay $100 for that X-Wing?

giphy.gif

?A bit of a slog to get through?

Man, that ain?t just the prequels. If I?m a person that has never seen Star Wars, I?d definitely think most of the movies were weird garbage. Hell, the OT included. The original Star Wars is dated as ****. If I hadn?t grown up with it and experienced then as a kid, there?s no way the adult me would appreciate it. ****in? dated 70s movie with people dressed up in alien costumes and dingy robots drinking blue milk. Little midgets and puppets in every movie, shiieeet.

And if you watch it in order from Episode 1 on, forget it. The jump from Rogue One to Star Wars alone would be jarring. You go from one movie with fast paced action and everyone dying to this slow flick where this dude is acting like a child whining to his aunt and uncle on some desert planet. Got **** blowing up in every scene in Rogue One, to some old dudes having a crappy sword fight while the heroes are stuck in a pit with rubber props and a stop motion eyeball closing in around them. Might have captured the imagination of young people 30-40 years ago, but not today.

George?s ?Star Wars is Forever? was a marketing slogan. Star Wars has always been about the toys and the toy sales ain?t doing so well these days.

:lol :lol :lol

Back