Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead

The first one especially was so dark and gory it should almost qualify as an 80's video nasty. But there was something about it in its story and characters that made you realize there was something very special about it. A truly original idea that made you realize right away this Clive Barker was someone who could think outside the box of modern horror. No pun intended.

Pinhead/HellRaiser movies are my favorite of the icons. Love the sexual/pain tones of first 4 (but mainly 1 and 2).

I already have a background dio planned for this bad boy.

There is something different about the pinhead character. He is so dark and strange. I hope they do a remake or a new film that goes back to the roots of the first few

Pinhead/HellRaiser movies are my favorite of the icons. Love the sexual/pain tones of first 4 (but mainly 1 and 2).

I already have a background dio planned for this bad boy.

I've got a background ready for mine too :)

Attachments

• SmallRoom 3.jpg
    SmallRoom 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 499

There is something different about the pinhead character. He is so dark and strange. I hope they do a remake or a new film that goes back to the roots of the first few
Supposed because fan backlash was so intense over Dimesion films remaking hellraiser without Clive Barker and Doug Bradley the studio has since turned to Barker for the script and asked Doug to return as Pinhead. Personally I think a remake is useless and they should just do a film based off Barker's up coming book The Scarlet Gospels

there also comics that continue's story after the second movie

I've got a signed movie poster that I will be displaying behind mine. Meet Mr. Bradley back in March.

Supposed because fan backlash was so intense over Dimesion films remaking hellraiser without Clive Barker and Doug Bradley the studio has since turned to Barker for the script and asked Doug to return as Pinhead. Personally I think a remake is useless and they should just do a film based off Barker's up coming book The Scarlet Gospels

Was the last movie ment to be a remake? I read that they wanted doug to play pinhead but it conflicted with other commitments he had, so they decided to make the film without him

Was the last movie ment to be a remake? I read that they wanted doug to play pinhead but it conflicted with other commitments he had, so they decided to make the film without him
You're talking about Revalations? That was an impromptu sequel that was made because of issues getting the remake going. From what I heard Bradley read the script and thought it was so poorly put together he turned down the role for the first time.

You're talking about Revalations? That was an impromptu sequel that was made because of issues getting the remake going. From what I heard Bradley read the script and thought it was so poorly put together he turned down the role for the first time.

Yyp, that's the movie. I dont blame doug, that film was terrible. Even pinhead looked **** lol

WHY WOULD YOU REMAKE A CLASSIC, WHEN THE ORIGINAL IS UNTOUCHABLE????!!!! I ASK THIS SAME QUESTION ABOUT THE ORIGINAL ALIEN MOVIE THIS MAKES NOOOOOO SENSE!

I am doing a lot of shouting today, sorry. I am just so sick of these continual remakes, instead of giving us a new story they remake and remake and remake the original films. This is already killing the Spider-man franchise and I am certain it will work its magic with Hellraiser films too. WE ALREADY KNOW THESE CHARACTERS. Tell us something NEW about them, rather than Batman seeing his parents die for the 50,000th time! God, it is so annoying!

/rant off

WHY WOULD YOU REMAKE A CLASSIC, WHEN THE ORIGINAL IS UNTOUCHABLE????!!!! I ASK THIS SAME QUESTION ABOUT THE ORIGINAL ALIEN MOVIE THIS MAKES NOOOOOO SENSE!

I am doing a lot of shouting today, sorry. I am just so sick of these continual remakes, instead of giving us a new story they remake and remake and remake the original films. This is already killing the Spider-man franchise and I am certain it will work its magic with Hellraiser films too. WE ALREADY KNOW THESE CHARACTERS. Tell us something NEW about them, rather than Batman seeing his parents die for the 50,000th time! God, it is so annoying!

/rant off
I agree, his new book dealing with Pinhead and Harry D'Amour is slated to be published next year, I imagine the only reason not to make it a movie is that it might confuse the non-reading public

I agree, his new book dealing with Pinhead and Harry D'Amour is slated to be published next year, I imagine the only reason not to make it a movie is that it might confuse the non-reading public

I am an elitest ****** who knows how to read a book [a seemingly lost art these days] and I will admit it right now: I DONT CARE IF THE NON-READING PUBLIC IS CONFUSED OR NOT!!! Heaven forfend Hollywood not cater to the lowest common denominator, like they do 99% of the time. Lame!

Ah well, raging about this will get me nothing but a headache. I will try to console myself with the Nightbreed Director's Cut we are supposed to be getting later this year.

I am an elitest ****** who knows how to read a book [a seemingly lost art these days] and I will admit it right now: I DONT CARE IF THE NON-READING PUBLIC IS CONFUSED OR NOT!!! Heaven forfend Hollywood not cater to the lowest common denominator, like they do 99% of the time. Lame!

Ah well, raging about this will get me nothing but a headache. I will try to console myself with the Nightbreed Director's Cut we are supposed to be getting later this year.

oooo Directors cut, that I'll have to look into. I also need to get a new copy of Lord of Illusions.

So what are your guys's thoughts on Pinhead not fulfilling his end of the bargain in Part 1 by letting Kirsty go after sending Frank back to hell? That's the only part of the first movie I didn't like. Pinhead is intelligent, well articulated, and doesn't just kill for fun (even though he did in Part 3, but while I enjoyed the movie, I wasn't crazy about him going on a rampage). He sends those to hell that deserve to go to hell. In Part 2 when the little girl solved the puzzle, he doesn't torture her as he even says "It is not the hands that summon us. It is the desire."

Thoughts?

So what are your guys's thoughts on Pinhead not fulfilling his end of the bargain in Part 1 by letting Kirsty go after sending Frank back to hell? That's the only part of the first movie I didn't like. Pinhead is intelligent, well articulated, and doesn't just kill for fun (even though he did in Part 3, but while I enjoyed the movie, I wasn't crazy about him going on a rampage). He sends those to hell that deserve to go to hell. In Part 2 when the little girl solved the puzzle, he doesn't torture her as he even says "It is not the hands that summon us. It is the desire."

Thoughts?

As far as deals go with the denizens of hell there's been a long history of Devils, Demons and the like if not going back on their deals, not giving you exactly what you wanted and in fact kind of tricking you. Also, When the deal is struck he doesn't really readily agree to it. if I remember correctly he says " I want to hear him confess, himself. Then maybe... maybe... " so what you are taking as a deal struck, was in fact him saying do this and perhaps we'll let you go, but it was never definitive. She opened the box, she needs to come with them, that's their purpose. In part II when he doesn't kill the girl it's because her hands were used by another, who in fact had already struck a bargain with another denizen of hell which is why he did not have her killed. In the third film, he is no longer beholden to the box, he was in fact infused into the pillar of souls when he is awakened he's no longer acting on his previous purpose but of his own will.

/rant off

I'm a huge fan of remakes on all classics! It gives everyone in the new generation a chance to know the characters. Sure some are not as good. Then comes the collectibles all over again! Money for everyone on all sides. Win win!

Back