NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have said on Twitter a few time they will be doing Kenner Aliens. Not sure when and not sure if they will be new sculpts like the bull or just repaints.

What else have they confirmed, btw?

By last count we should be expecting:
-Obviously there are probably 2-4 more Ripley's on the way
-They paid Henriksen and Skerritt, so variations of Dallas and Bishop are no doubt inbound.
-I keep reading they "confirmed" the A3 mercenaries/PMCs, but havent actually seen the direct NECA quote about it.
-Kenner...ugh... "tributes" will eventually show up

Anything else floating? I'm not talking "Wish List" here (we all want more marines and more original crew, of course). I guess the above stuff is all NECA needs to milk another 4 of 5 series though... May be a while before we get any 'new' characters.

They have said A3 mercs will happen at some point. They didn’t give details on the Kenner figures either other than its something they’ll do.

They mentioned a predator thermal vision alien in conversation so AvP aliens seem likely at some point. (I have a feeling the AvP Preds are being held back to be released alongside the Aliens?)

Resurrection has been mentioned too including the Newborn but they didn’t seem too enthusiastic and said it would be “Last”

Other than interest or lack of there isn’t really much as far as confirmed figures go other than what we have seen. They haven’t gone into much detail on what they are doing really and haven’t given much away as far as plans go.

Not so much a wish list but two other figures I can see happening are...

A3 Ripley: they will want to get as much as they can from the likeness rights and have the Dog coming soonish.

Vasquez: Pretty popular character and they know it, haven’t heard anything about the likeness being a hard one to get (Ripley, Kane) and they can get more than one figure from it.

****, Jenette Goldstein was practically begging NECA to make a Vasquez figure last year (or was it the year before?).

The Twitter convo? Cant remember when it was but you’re right.

Chances are we wont see many more marines, some aren’t available and some they are worried about not making their money back on. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Aliens movie figures becoming one every couple of waves or so.

Bishop
Queen
Powerloader
Ripley
?????

Vasquez may show up to renew interest from the fans of Aliens and keep the Aliens part of the franchise ticking over?

Just my thoughts on it though. Who knows what they will end up doing, look at their Predator line :lol

They have said A3 mercs will happen at some point. They didn’t give details on the Kenner figures either other than its something they’ll do.

They mentioned a predator thermal vision alien in conversation so AvP aliens seem likely at some point. (I have a feeling the AvP Preds are being held back to be released alongside the Aliens?)

Resurrection has been mentioned too including the Newborn but they didn’t seem too enthusiastic and said it would be “Last”

Other than interest or lack of there isn’t really much as far as confirmed figures go other than what we have seen. They haven’t gone into much detail on what they are doing really and haven’t given much away as far as plans go.

Not so much a wish list but two other figures I can see happening are...

A3 Ripley: they will want to get as much as they can from the likeness rights and have the Dog coming soonish.

Vasquez: Pretty popular character and they know it, haven’t heard anything about the likeness being a hard one to get (Ripley, Kane) and they can get more than one figure from it.

They've said Kenner Tributes would be wave 6 or after, but solid info.

I kind of like her look, its not the best but for the size and my reasons for collecting .I am afraid to post this due to the mob setting me on fire, but screw it .Excited for a cool dio for all the figures all balled in to one.And the queen is super win , its the first large queen figure with articulation. Mcfarlands was very limited

Flamethrower! Move!

I might be alone, but I'd really like to see a Resurrection Ripley and a Newborn. The movie was obviously no where near as good as Alien or Aliens, but I quite liked the character and creature designs. I'm really impressed with Bishop, the Queen and the Dog. They are all musts. I'll definitely be getting that power loader, and I'll be waiting for a Ripley that matches. Hopefully we'll get a "Rescue Ripley" or something that comes with the Pulse-rifle/Flamethrower masking taped together accessory!

Hell yeah am I dissapointed in both Ripley sculpt.
If I get powerloader and Jonesy then I must get it anyaway to match Queen and PL.
Im super excited about the Queen though and Im glad they did well on the sculpt. I always preferred alien figures more then human.
Great pic of her majesty!
SDCC-2014-NECA-Alien-030.jpg

Kenner...ugh... "tributes" will eventually show up.
Not necessarily a bad thing... :D

aliens_sgt_apone_kenner_style_collage_01.jpg

aliens_drake_kenner_style_collage_01.jpg

Chances are we wont see many more marines, some aren’t available and some they are worried about not making their money back on.
What, seriously? I get that likeness could be an issue, but more Marines seems like a very economical proposition, given that they'd barely have to produce any new parts to pump out new figures. I mean, if they can sell 15 waves of Predators...

Im super excited about the Queen though and Im glad they did well on the sculpt. I always preferred alien figures more then human.
I'm excited to see the Queen too, but honestly, at this point, I'm a little sick of the xenos (as opposed to the other inhabitants of the setting). I remember flipping through a sci-fi movie magazine way back in 1993, coming across a full-page ad for about thirty different alien model kits (plus some of the ships/vehicles) and thinking "where are the Marines?" I'm very pleased to have Hicks/Hudson/Windrix now, and am eagerly anticipating Bishop, but apart from that, it doesn't feel like much has changed over the years.

Not necessarily a bad thing... :D

View attachment 123285

View attachment 123286

What, seriously? I get that likeness could be an issue, but more Marines seems like a very economical proposition, given that they'd barely have to produce any new parts to pump out new figures. I mean, if they can sell 15 waves of Predators...

Those customs are VERY well done. Pretty damn hilarious and nostalgic even. The customizers deserve a big high five. But I might still puke in my mouth a little if something similar become actual releases instead of a legit Apone and Drake (those are so well done, I feel a little bad saying it). But more Marines (specifically Drake and Vaz) are pretty much all I want at this point. Its a shame that no marines factor into the next few waves in any way shape or form. They have plenty of time wasting tangents, so I guess I just wait and cross my fingers for 2017...

Yeah I should have put Movie Marines. Sounded like Neca wouldn’t be willing to fork over the $$$ for lesser known marines if the asking price for the likeness rights were too high. The good news from that is it sounded like they would approach other actors for the rights to make them.

Those customs are VERY well done. Pretty damn hilarious and nostalgic even.
Yeah I'm tempted to contact the maker and see how much he'd charge for one of those...

The customizers deserve a big high five. But I might still puke in my mouth a little if something similar become actual releases instead of a legit Apone and Drake (those are so well done, I feel a little bad saying it). But more Marines (specifically Drake and Vaz) are pretty much all I want at this point. Its a shame that no marines factor into the next few waves in any way shape or form. They have plenty of time wasting tangents, so I guess I just wait and cross my fingers for 2017...
Fair enough.

Yeah I should have put Movie Marines. Sounded like Neca wouldn’t be willing to fork over the $$$ for lesser known marines if the asking price for the likeness rights were too high.
Understandably, but then again, how much are Mark Rolson, Jeanette Goldstein, Trevor Steedman, Ricco Ross, Cynthia Scott or Tip Tipping's estate going to ask in return, especially compared to Sigourney Weaver?

The good news from that is it sounded like they would approach other actors for the rights to make them.
"Other actors" as in the "other Marines from the film", or are they talking about approaching people for likenesses for entirely new USCM like Windrix?

Back