Excalibur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Excalibur does have armor, but it isn't Ironman armor so doubt that Hot Toys would give this a second thought. Customs are likely the only way you will ever see this happen. Even then we better hope whoever takes it on really loves the characters, because this would not be a volume money maker for anyone.

unfortunately and sadly..you're probably right. :(

one of my favorite films, but THIS is the character that i would want on my self....
merlin.jpg

The Merlin I bought and had painted is in storage, but found this picture on Google.

merlin01.jpg

One of my favourite movies, the best Arthurian movie I've seen, for any one interested I've also started to make mordred 1:6 custom armour set. If I can do this right I will probably do another couple of the knights

I'm surprised with such a rich source for either historical or fable account nobody has bothered to even try better it. All other either fail in story telling, costumes, sets, acting and dialogue. There are plenty of varying takes on Arthurian legend that could be made if someone could just get the budget

I am Lancelot of the Lake,
from across the sea.
And I have yet to find a king
worthy of my sword.

That is a wild boast.

You lack a knight's humility.

Not a boast, sir, but a curse.
For I have never met my match
in joust or duel.

This would actually be the "Holy Grail" piece if sideshow did a premium format or hot toys did a figure of the greatest of all the Knights of the Round Table.

I would be interested in King Arthur with the Excalibur sword, and Sir Lancelot in their silver armor. Also Merlin the magician. Excalibur is one of my favorite movies! I'd love to have at least these three characters in 1/6 scale!

it just doesn't seem this is a very popular license in regards to how many people post on this thread. that might not mean anything but it may somewhat show a lack of interest, which is very unfortunate. it's such a wonderful classic epic film to be so ignored in respect to high end collectibles. a damn shame.

This film is no doubt in my top 10-20 of all time...This was almost LOTR

Last edited:
[Any interest in Mordred (Gold Plated Warrior) from the John Boorman's Excalibur? I always liked detail of the armor worn by this character and felt it would translate well to a figure.

For those unfamiliar with the character...

Mordred is the one I am mainly interested in, but there are many characters to choose from, though the property is probably of fairly limited interest.[/quote]

A year later...

I totally agree with you. Even if if gold-plated armor would be super heavy and soft (ah...but wait, it was "magical," and magical trumps realism), it was some of the wickedest-looking suits of armor ever to grace the silver screen. I'm getting into resin casting and have thought about getting a basic 1/6 scale figure/body and casting pieces of armor for torso, legs, and arms, etc.

Why are there so many crappy flicks out there with character figures, and none from Excalibur? Beats me...

One of my favorite movies of all time. I would take anything produced from this, especially 1/6 knights

Back