English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sneijder's arrival would assist in his exit, then that's a great bonus. :lol

The thing that makes me think there was some kind of approach was the fact that Vidal didn't come out straight away and say it wasn't happening. He seemed fairly open to a move. But there's so much BS thrown around nowadays so who really knows.

Strootman would be a good option. I was watching an interview prior to the World Cup where Van Gaal talked about Strootman and how he was one of his most important players, so he obviously thinks highly of him.

Every press conference/interview I ever watched with Moyes showed an obvious lack of confidence and charisma. Within the first 5 minutes of his first press conference Van Gaal had won me over. He knows he has accomplished great things in the past and he isn't afraid to talk about it... multiple times. :lol

Maybe Vidal was using the situation to try and improve his wages at Juventus?

If so, it's a shame, but if it's not to be then there's no point dwelling on it, Strootman is 3 years younger and already knows the manager's style so would be a better long term investment.

After being used to Fergie's confidence listening to Moyes made my skin crawl. No player could hope to be inspired by such a drip....look how Everton progressed without him.

LvG walked in like he owned the place and started dismissing any stupid questions with the same contempt as Fergie.

The hard part is still to come but I think that a return to the top 4 is doable within the 3 years of his contract.

EDIT
Bebe is finally history! He's gone to Benfica on a 4 year deal. No word on the fee but I think United probably paid Benfica to take him :lol

Maybe Vidal was using the situation to try and improve his wages at Juventus?

If so, it's a shame, but if it's not to be then there's no point dwelling on it, Strootman is 3 years younger and already knows the manager's style so would be a better long term investment.

After being used to Fergie's confidence listening to Moyes made my skin crawl. No player could hope to be inspired by such a drip....look how Everton progressed without him.

LvG walked in like he owned the place and started dismissing any stupid questions with the same contempt as Fergie.

The hard part is still to come but I think that a return to the top 4 is doable within the 3 years of his contract.

EDIT
Bebe is finally history! He's gone to Benfica on a 4 year deal. No word on the fee but I think United probably paid Benfica to take him :lol

Yeah, that's probably got something to do with it. There are always agents behind the scenes who pull this kind of **** to get more money. And fair enough, it usually works. :lol

With Moyes it was blatantly obvious the players didn't want to play for him. A lot of players in the squad aren't exactly top quality, but it was the same team who won the league the season before, and some of the performances were disgraceful.

Van Gaal's comments in his first presser about the challenge being #1 and not top 4 gives me some confidence that maybe United can push for at least top 4 this season, but it's probably more likely it will be the season after next.

Bebe is gone? :fireworks :lol Wouldn't surprise me, no one in their right mind would pay any kind of fee for him.

Yeah, that's probably got something to do with it. There are always agents behind the scenes who pull this kind of **** to get more money. And fair enough, it usually works. :lol

With Moyes it was blatantly obvious the players didn't want to play for him. A lot of players in the squad aren't exactly top quality, but it was the same team who won the league the season before, and some of the performances were disgraceful.

Van Gaal's comments in his first presser about the challenge being #1 and not top 4 gives me some confidence that maybe United can push for at least top 4 this season, but it's probably more likely it will be the season after next.

Bebe is gone? :fireworks :lol Wouldn't surprise me, no one in their right mind would pay any kind of fee for him.

Rooney's definitely done alright from his agents scheming, ethics tend to go out the window when big money is involved.

Maybe the players could have been more supportive of Moyes it's easy to why they weren't as most of the squad spent the best years of their career or in some cases their entire career playing for Fergie who's one of the greatest managers there's ever been.

With that in mind how were the likes of Giggs supposed to respect a man who'd won nothing and who's footballing philosophy was the exact opposite of everything they'd been taught to believe in?

Fergie was "never say die", Moyes was "roll over & die".

Unless Woodward gets spending before the window closes I think 3rd or 4th is realistically the best they can manage this season , but hearing van Gaal say he's aiming for the very top is exactly the right attitude to have in public as it sends a more positive message to the fans and more importantly it gives the players some confidence as they know the manager believes in them.

Last season Moyes declared that United should aspire to be more like City and that Liverpool were favorites before games at Old Trafford :cuckoo:

In the buildup to the Roma game van Gaal has commented on Kevin Strootman,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...signing-kevin-strootman-for-manchester-united

He's right to be cautious as he wouldn't be the first player to return from cruciate ligament damage and never be quite the same.

Rooney's definitely done alright from his agents scheming, ethics tend to go out the window when big money is involved.

Maybe the players could have been more supportive of Moyes it's easy to why they weren't as most of the squad spent the best years of their career or in some cases their entire career playing for Fergie who's one of the greatest managers there's ever been.

With that in mind how were the likes of Giggs supposed to respect a man who'd won nothing and who's footballing philosophy was the exact opposite of everything they'd been taught to believe in?

Fergie was "never say die", Moyes was "roll over & die".

Unless Woodward gets spending before the window closes I think 3rd or 4th is realistically the best they can manage this season , but hearing van Gaal say he's aiming for the very top is exactly the right attitude to have in public as it sends a more positive message to the fans and more importantly it gives the players some confidence as they know the manager believes in them.

Last season Moyes declared that United should aspire to be more like City and that Liverpool were favorites before games at Old Trafford :cuckoo:

In the buildup to the Roma game van Gaal has commented on Kevin Strootman,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...signing-kevin-strootman-for-manchester-united

He's right to be cautious as he wouldn't be the first player to return from cruciate ligament damage and never be quite the same.

It's certainly understandable as to why players like Giggs wouldn't believe in Moyes. I saw a press conference just recently where he was asked; "what went wrong last season?" He said "a few things," but it was quite obvious what he meant.

Moyes said that last season? I must admit I didn't come across that, but what a great way to instill confidence and belief in your team. Brilliant management. :lol

It really is such a relief to have van Gaal as a manager. Now, just buy a few more players and I'll be even more relieved. :lol

And the patient approach is definitely the right one when it comes to a player coming off of a severe injury. As you've said before, January will probably be the time when we see a formal approach and/or bid made.

It's certainly understandable as to why players like Giggs wouldn't believe in Moyes. I saw a press conference just recently where he was asked; "what went wrong last season?" He said "a few things," but it was quite obvious what he meant.

Moyes said that last season? I must admit I didn't come across that, but what a great way to instill confidence and belief in your team. Brilliant management. :lol

It really is such a relief to have van Gaal as a manager. Now, just buy a few more players and I'll be even more relieved. :lol

And the patient approach is definitely the right one when it comes to a player coming off of a severe injury. As you've said before, January will probably be the time when we see a formal approach and/or bid made.

The truth will come out one day and I think Moyes might end up suing someone :lol

Those two comments were probably the worst examples of things Moyes said to undermine his players but were far from isolated incidents.

Oh yeah, someone will get sued when it all comes out. :lol

More legal shenanigans will occur later this year when Roy Keane's new book comes out. Rumor has it the title is "Why I Hate Fergie" :rotfl

United's positive start to their pre-season continued with a 3-2 win over Roma in Denver.

Mata's goal was a fantastic lob but it was bettered by a strike from Miralem Pjanic who beat Ben Amos with a shot from inside his own half that was reminiscent of the one Beckham got from a similar distance in '96.

van Gaal was happy with the result but not the overall performance as he felt they let Roma back into it in the second half.

Next up is Inter on Wednesday so there'll be a swift reunion with Vidic.

More legal shenanigans will occur later this year when Roy Keane's new book comes out. Rumor has it the title is "Why I Hate Fergie" :rotfl

United's positive start to their pre-season continued with a 3-2 win over Roma in Denver.

Mata's goal was a fantastic lob but it was bettered by a strike from Miralem Pjanic who beat Ben Amos with a shot from inside his own half that was reminiscent of the one Beckham got from a similar distance in '96.

van Gaal was happy with the result but not the overall performance as he felt they let Roma back into it in the second half.

Next up is Inter on Wednesday so there'll be a swift reunion with Vidic.

I'd buy it first day with a title like that. :lol

Saw the highlights, the Rooney and Mata goals were quality but the Pjanic goal definitely takes the cake. There were some top class goals this weekend, including Bale's for Real Madrid.

I can't say much about the performance, but one goal was an incredible lob whilst the other was a penalty, so maybe they can be forgiven. But if the 2nd half performance was truly bad then he won't let them off easy. Which is a good thing.

In other news, Liverpool have pulled out of the deal to sign Loic Remy after realising he wasn't a Southampton player.

I'd buy it first day with a title like that. :lol

Saw the highlights, the Rooney and Mata goals were quality but the Pjanic goal definitely takes the cake. There were some top class goals this weekend, including Bale's for Real Madrid.

I can't say much about the performance, but one goal was an incredible lob whilst the other was a penalty, so maybe they can be forgiven. But if the 2nd half performance was truly bad then he won't let them off easy. Which is a good thing.

In other news, Liverpool have pulled out of the deal to sign Loic Remy after realising he wasn't a Southampton player.

Keano won't hold back, it'll be an amusing read.

Like the first game van Gaal made 9 changes at half time in order to get a look at some more of the squad but this time it didn't go quite as well, probably because Roma put up more of a fight than LA Galaxy, who crumbled.

Thanks to Woodward's comments the other day about how high United are prepared to go to secure players Roma have now slapped an £80 million pricetag on Kevin Strootman. The chief executive is doing the opposition's work for them :cuckoo:

Latest transfer BS is,

Angel Di Maria has sent a "come & get me" message to United's training camp in the US.

Edinson Cavani's representatives may or may not have met with United officials on 4 seperate occasions.

Louis van Gaal is asking the board for the funds to sign De Vrij, Hummels, Blind, Vermaelen and Di Maria.

Keano won't hold back, it'll be an amusing read.

Like the first game van Gaal made 9 changes at half time in order to get a look at some more of the squad but this time it didn't go quite as well, probably because Roma put up more of a fight than LA Galaxy, who crumbled.

Thanks to Woodward's comments the other day about how high United are prepared to go to secure players Roma have now slapped an £80 million pricetag on Kevin Strootman. The chief executive is doing the opposition's work for them :cuckoo:

Latest transfer BS is,

Angel Di Maria has sent a "come & get me" message to United's training camp in the US.

Edinson Cavani's representatives may or may not have met with United officials on 4 seperate occasions.

Louis van Gaal is asking the board for the funds to sign De Vrij, Hummels, Blind, Vermaelen and Di Maria.

:lol Talk about backfiring horribly. When he talked about "no budget", the other clubs probably laughed their asses off. No budget? Ok, you can have Strootman for £80m.

I saw the Di Maria thing, but I didn't pay any attention to it as it seemed he made his mind up on PSG. Although maybe they can't buy him because of the financial fair play thing, so we'll see what happens.

I'd be happy if United snagged all of those players, but I think it's safe to say we won't see it happen. There's also talk of United going again for Vidal for around £48m. It just never ends. :lol

:lol Talk about backfiring horribly. When he talked about "no budget", the other clubs probably laughed their asses off. No budget? Ok, you can have Strootman for £80m.

I saw the Di Maria thing, but I didn't pay any attention to it as it seemed he made his mind up on PSG. Although maybe they can't buy him because of the financial fair play thing, so we'll see what happens.

I'd be happy if United snagged all of those players, but I think it's safe to say we won't see it happen. There's also talk of United going again for Vidal for around £48m. It just never ends. :lol

Based on the lack of signings since Shaw & Herrera it's looking like the "no budget" quote was more literal....there isn't a budget at all because the Glazers are being tightfisted again.

Could be much worse though, poor Blackpool have literally been milked dry by their owner and they presently only have 8 players on their books :horror

Based on the lack of signings since Shaw & Herrera it's looking like the "no budget" quote was more literal....there isn't a budget at all because the Glazers are being tightfisted again.

Could be much worse though, poor Blackpool have literally been milked dry by their owner and they presently only have 8 players on their books :horror

Unfortunately it seems that way.

It could certainly be worse. Saw that, I feel bad for Blackpool. Although on the positive side, I think in a recent match a couple of trialists scored, so that's something to be kind of optimistic about. :lol

Back