Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's less "badass" for him to not be in the suit but no less heroic if he still gets the job done. This is the 4th Iron Man movie if you count Avengers. So they wanted to do something a little different. I think they earned the right to be a little less predictable without people freaking out about it.

No franchise has such luxury :lol

I think the point is if they do all that by remote then it's not as heroic. Put it this way, what's more heroic a SWAT officer busting in to rescue hostages or a SWAT officer sitting in safety somewhere controlling a drone doing that.

The answer is pretty clear

Lipsmack said there was nothing heroic...so his point is that there was no heroics. Not different levels of heroism

And in anycase. In your example. What difference does it make? You're telling me the hostages that swat officer saved by piloting a remote device are going to be less appreciative to the guy than if he had busted the door in himself? :lol

Lipsmack said there was nothing heroic...so his point is that there was no heroics. Not different levels of heroism

And in anycase. In your example. What difference does it make? You're telling me the hostages that swat officer saved by piloting a remote device are going to be less appreciative to the guy than if he had busted the door in himself? :lol

Makes a big difference to the officer ;)

People find reasons to hate Iron Man 3, most of it just comes off as whining imo. You can point to reasons (fanbois, not understanding the plot, etc...), but despite loving the movie personally, it obviously fell flat not only with a large amount of the fanbois population, but casual moviegoers as well.I thought it was well written and directed, but it seemed to just ride on the Avengers coattails for a lot of people because it's box office success didn't translate well into home video and merchandise. Maybe not as bad as Superman Returns levels of bad performance, but it definitely didn't perform like a million dollar movie, (except in HTs eyes of course) knowing this still doesn't make it any less enjoyable of a movie, I loved Trevor from first viewing, but I personally don't get the big disconnect people had after seeing it. :dunno

So it's looking like Iron Man won't be the first superhero since Superman IV to get a forth solo movie

That spot was already nabbed by Wolverine, who's had 7 sequels and an 8th on the way. :lol

Wolverine's X-Men
Wolverine United
Wolverine's Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wolverine's First Class
The Wolverine
Wolverine's Days of Future Past

and coming soon, Wolverine's Apocalypse

People find reasons to hate Iron Man 3, most of it just comes off as whining imo. You can point to reasons (fanbois, not understanding the plot, etc...), but despite loving the movie personally, it obviously fell flat not only with a large amount of the fanbois population, but casual moviegoers as well.I thought it was well written and directed, but it seemed to just ride on the Avengers coattails for a lot of people because it's box office success didn't translate well into home video and merchandise. Maybe not as bad as Superman Returns levels of bad performance, but it definitely didn't perform like a million dollar movie, (except in HTs eyes of course) knowing this still doesn't make it any less enjoyable of a movie, I loved Trevor from first viewing, but I personally don't get the big disconnect people had after seeing it. :dunno

Yeah at the end of the day ive made peace with the mandarin thing thanks to AHTK, ill never see a shane black movie again, and joss will redeem IM in the next film

That spot was already nabbed by Wolverine, who's had 7 sequels and an 8th on the way. :lol

Wolverine's X-Men
Wolverine United
Wolverine's Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wolverine's First Class
The Wolverine
Wolverine's Days of Future Past

and coming soon, Wolverine's Apocalypse

God, that is absolutely true.

I can't watch IM3 without wanting to fast-forward through quite a bit of it--same goes with TDKR. Neither one was a great movie but I left the theater incredibly disappointed after watching TDKR, for many of the reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum. IM3 just didn't have a good villain to keep me interested after the big Mandarin twist. Plus, the piece of **** Mk42 that needed a car battery to charge and kept falling apart was just annoying. The best part of the whole film was the end credit montage.

Yeah at the end of the day ive made peace with the mandarin thing thanks to AHTK, ill never see a shane black movie again, and joss will redeem IM in the next film

I think a small 'twist' would have been to write Killian as a lackey, keep Trevor as an 'altered' red herring but actually use Ben as the actual Mandarin as well (whom Trevor was altered to look like) for the end game villain and tone down the power levels of the bad guys to where they didn't make the mark suits look ridiculously underpowered. I'm sure there would be other quibbles, but I think that would have addressed the major concerns. The thing I think that really really bugs people at the core of this is that Ben Kingsley was rocking the bad guy role and Pearce.... not so much.

Back