Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I think that fans are just so happy to have comic book characters on screen that they will take almost anything. Then after awhile when what they have seen begins to register they begin to pick it apart and take from it what they will both good and bad. The best ones always stand out like The first iron man, Spider-man 2, The Winter Soldier, X-Men 2 and the Dark Knight. Others that were considered great at first get scrutinized and all the faults come out, like Iron Man 2, 3, Man of Steel, Dark Knight Rises, X-men 3, and Thor 2.

I'm a fan of both Thor movies. I find them quite enjoyable and among my favorite comic book movies.

Sometimes I think that fans are just so happy to have comic book characters on screen that they will take almost anything. Then after awhile when what they have seen begins to register they begin to pick it apart and take from it what they will both good and bad. The best ones always stand out like The first iron man, Spider-man 2, The Winter Soldier, X-Men 2 and the Dark Knight. Others that were considered great at first get scrutinized and all the faults come out, like Iron Man 2, 3, Man of Steel, Dark Knight Rises, X-men 3, and Thor 2.

I don’t remember any of these being praised at release, MOS was praised for about a month, before it got picked apart. TDKR seems split down the middle still, some love it and some hate it.

Go back and check the threads. I remember many finding the comedy in Thor 2 to be refreshing. The only problem was with that intern chick from 2 Broke girls.

Go back and check the threads. I remember many finding the comedy in Thor 2 to be refreshing. The only problem was with that intern chick from 2 Broke girls.

I didn’t know we were speaking here exclusively, lets be honest, MCU films don’t get bashed here too often, the general response to Thor 2 everywhere else was it was pretty disappointing.

Kat Dennings (Darcy)?

That's who Thor should really be hammering.

Agreed :lol

I was one of the no's on that tdkr is one of my least favorite superhero movies.

I saw, going back it’s funny how many of the bashers enjoyed it when it released :lol

Even Difab said he enjoyed it.

I guess Chewblacca was right.

Nice try, I said I enjoyed the ending, that's it. First viewing, I said it didn't meet my expectations, that it was disappointing and that it wasn't as good as Begins or Dark Knight. There's also my little rant that it wasn't a fulfilling end and hardly a good conclusion. That was my first viewing too. I didn't know how I felt about it exactly because it was a lot of "wtf" to take in. I said as much in the actual TDKR thread.

Each viewing afterwards got worse and worse, to the point where I couldn't even watch it anymore. I didn't just change my mind, those initial responses aren't exactly glowing. Within a week or two, I was convinced that what I saw sucked.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m wrong then.

I know for sure TDKR didn’t disappoint, here are some results I found https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...id-TDKR-meet-or-exceed-your-expectations-poll

...whut?! :rotfl Though, honestly, I will say I was infracted by a mod who enjoyed the movie because they couldn't handle people posting negatively about the film and wanting to discuss what was wrong with it. So while there definitely was a board-bias over TDKR, there were still those who despised it as I wasn't alone.

Sooner or later I’ll get you to admit the movie is at least good.

It was on around the 4th of July on HBO. I tried to watch bits of it and couldn't get into it. The pacing in the beginning before Batman shows up is just awful. I despise the whole thing as a whole.

I bet if you watched it with me in person, you'd admit it was garbage. I'd be like "look, for instance this is ____", and then you'd be like "c'mon" but my wit and charm would make you see the light, that what you are watching unfold is mediocre pewp.

Unless my vision is deceiving me, I think I see the majority as being disappointed with the movie with a whole lotta "yes" (for which I voted for).

Yup, and the Nolancompoops protected their little thread like an oasis of pure hyperbole from anybody who didn't agree it was messianic cinema. :lol

I thought that DKR was an ok movie, a big let down after how good DK was. It went in the opposite direction totally. After reading that Nolan really did not want to do another Batman film it kind of felt like it.

...whut?! :rotfl Though, honestly, I will say I was infracted by a mod who enjoyed the movie because they couldn't handle people posting negatively about the film and wanting to discuss what was wrong with it. So while there definitely was a board-bias over TDKR, there were still those who despised it as I wasn't alone.

I was just going off the poll results, but come on, the majority loved it.

It was on around the 4th of July on HBO. I tried to watch bits of it and couldn't get into it. The pacing in the beginning before Batman shows up is just awful. I despise the whole thing as a whole.

I bet if you watched it with me in person, you'd admit it was garbage. I'd be like "look, for instance this is ____", and then you'd be like "c'mon" but my wit and charm would make you see the light, that what you are watching unfold is mediocre pewp.

As long as you promise to be a gentlemen then I’m game :lol

I doubt it though, I LOVE the TDK trilogy. I know it’s flaws, to me the good far outweighs the bad.

Back