1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct with those two but even those unpainted don't have the same detail as his original sculpt. I have never held both in hand but just my opinion from what I have seen in pics. Nate is far from the orig.

Got my upgrade set from mfisher and finally feel good about posting pictures of my Indy. First off: thank you to Kato and mfisher for producing these outstanding pieces. I applied Pecard's pretty liberally, applying it very thickly in certain spots and buffing other spots. Still not 100% happy with it, but I am pretty pleased. I will probably apply a wash like Marf did at some point.

As for the head and body, I took the DX05 body and swapped out the arms with KO narrow arms. I also removed the guyliner, shaved out the middle of the head and reformed it, and added the red wash and varnish sweat. Obviously, I am still waiting on that perfect head - I just would rather re-do the DX05 head than throw a few hundred dollars on something like a shrunken PF head, which I am not 100% sold on.

Looking good, I'd like to see some close up pics of that head. It's probably about as close to Arnie's original as we're likely to get. It still bugs me to this day that HT had one shot at doing what should have been THE definitive version of such an iconic character and they went and so royally screwed it up.

I have yet to use even one part from that figure on mine. I know I keep mentioning my figure, but, until a head exists that I'm 100% happy with then it will remain unfinished, as will my Craig Bond.

View attachment 127800

Unbelievable job by Jake! Absolutely amazing!

Goodness. I don't care what anyone says, THAT is Ford right there. :rock You should be proud of that outstanding figure. I wonder how many people are tapping hi the back for commissions now. :lol If I had the dough I would be.

Anyway, I don't know if this is old news or not but they have KO versions of a narrow shoulder body with a sculpted neck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-6-Male-Narrow-Shoulder-Nude-Body-with-Neck-12-Figure-fit-hot-toys-part-/231314504030?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35db6b395e

I found this one too which has a better chest, but I don't know if it's narrow shoulder or not. Maybe it's somewhere in the middle?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verycool-Toys-1-6-MX-Series-Kit-Bashing-Male-Figure-Body-Set-/141373686840?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20ea874438

Off to a great start! Though the PF head is not all that pricey ($60 unpainted I think).
Right, I definitely overexaggerated. I like the PF head more than any other, I'm just not keen on spending money on the cast and paint just to (hopefully) put it in a bin once we get a better sculpt.

I hear you on that, that's why mine is still unfinished. If I can do a good job on the SSC head all well and good, but, if I don't need to then so much the better. I at least have an option if nothing else does come out.

Repainted around the eyes. Also dremeled as much as i dared from the back of the eyes, which moved the eyes a lot closer to the face. Made a huge difference as it now looks like Indy, or at least in hand it does.

Can now pose him with the hat as low as i like without the eyes looking like two black holes, as the ledge that leads to the PERS is no longer there.

016_1_zps25732df6.jpg

004_1_zps8882e047.jpg

ohman... that looks great!!! I did the whole repaint and such when he came out, but I think I totally over did it... I was going for a very filthy look, much like the opening of Raiders... heavy beard... filthy!! ...hence my reluctance to show... but... what the heck...
RB-Indy-collage.jpg

ohman... that looks great!!! I did the whole repaint and such when he came out, but I think I totally over did it... I was going for a very filthy look, much like the opening of Raiders... heavy beard... filthy!! ...hence my reluctance to show... but... what the heck...
View attachment 129502

Looking good. I always liked the DX05 as it was. Only when i got into customs and Kato's stuff that i started thinking............ need that jacket.............. and the shirt looks pretty good too..................... what the hell, i need the lot, :lol.

Looks good to me, in fact, it's definitely one of the better jobs on that head I've seen, proving that even it can be turned around with a bit of patience and know-how.

On a side note, guys, can we please stop showing pics in replies we quote, we've seen them once already and that's enough. The text alone is enough for us to know which reply you're quoting. Scrolling past the same pics over and over gets a bit tedious.

Yup. For the same price i have my dewback or two sandtroopers. The man's work is awesome, but that money buys me a leather jacket i can wear myself ;)

That Raiders Kato stuff looks sooo good. Sadly, with his prices it can't even be considered...

Back