Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a similar note, I still haven't even opened up my Koto REX kit, but I was looking at shots, and the mini figures that were included seem to be much smaller in comparison to the height of REX's feet. It seems like an accurate representation of the scale in the MGS 1.

32502d1347889457-kotobukiya-takes-metal-gear-solid-mg_rex_5023.jpg

On a similar note, I still haven't even opened up my Koto REX kit, but I was looking at shots, and the mini figures that were included seem to be much smaller in comparison to the height of REX's feet. It seems like an accurate representation of the scale in the MGS 1.

32502d1347889457-kotobukiya-takes-metal-gear-solid-mg_rex_5023.jpg

All that in the pic your posted comes in the kit?

Yeah, the Koto kits (both REX and RAY) come with an assortment of mini figures. It's really surprising that ThreeA never thought of including any with their own figures.

Yeah, the Koto kits (both REX and RAY) come with an assortment of mini figures. It's really surprising that ThreeA never thought of including any with their own figures.

I'd rather they put magnets on all the missile pod plates than that.

I'd rather they put magnets on all the missile pod plates than that.

That would be neat, instead of the push tabs that they included. Also, I would have preferred if the removable panels came with swivels instead of being fully detachable - as they're not supposed to be detachable in the first place.

Interesting you have to paint it?

Yeah, you do, unfortunately. There's also a black version of REX that's being released soon, and the stock color of the mold looks pretty good. It's not game accurate, by any means. I think Jason mentioned that it looks like a conceptualized, Desperado version of REX from MG Rising (hypothetically speaking, if Desperado REX ever existed).

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT11206&mode=retail

Good point, Solidus. In terms of accuracy the koto one is definitely better, so it might be that the cockpit & snake on 3a Rex aren't in scale with the figure.

Found more pic on the koto 1/35 charact kit

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good point, Solidus. In terms of accuracy the koto one is definitely better, so it might be that the cockpit & snake on 3a Rex aren't in scale with the figure.

Found more pic on the koto 1/35 charact kit

Ugh, I just remembered something! :slap When I was on the ThreeA boards last year, Gimbat (the ThreeA forum moderator) said that REX's cockpit was dimensioned to be slightly larger than the in-game render. Unfortunately, ThreeA purged their posts after the figure was released to free up space on the forum. So, I can't go back and retrieve the exact quote.

But, I guess if you are planning to use some mini figs for REX, they'll have to be slightly smaller in scale than the Old Snake figure in the cockpit.

1/35 scale figure work perfect with 3A's rex as WellCQCaboutthat showed with his custom figures, and heres mine

@ bangkok_wolf
That's a cool MGS 4 display for Rex the that soldier fits right in with it!

nice pics!

i just scored a ps4 ground zeroes premium package with the peacewalker book and revo fig for $107 shipped. i think i got a great deal. cant wait to finally display it when i get it. gonna do some rearranging and make a gz tpp cube in my detolf.

nice pics!

i just scored a ps4 ground zeroes premium package with the peacewalker book and revo fig for $107 shipped. i think i got a great deal. cant wait to finally display it when i get it. gonna do some rearranging and make a gz tpp cube in my detolf.

Yea that is a great deal! I aslo have a GZ shelf, you'll get surprised by how much GZ merch there is to collect. Make sure to post some pictures when you get the PP and set up the shelf

Oh i will! I wish i could find a promo tape/smart phone holder for cheap. The least ive seen them is $50, im in no way, shape, or form paying that. I know you got 2, hook a brother up.

@rampagess & WellCQCaboutthat, Thanks mates :hi5: but mine couldn't even compare to the works you guys have done on yours.

And that's indeed a great deal you got for the gz premium.

figurine-mgs2-solid-snake-figma-wonder-festival-summer-2014-02.jpg

This has to be the best Solid Snake sculpt we've ever ever gotten. Finally! Im glad that when someone finally got to it they killed it!

I think just very light stubble marks on the chin. I wonder how Figmas paint apps are with stubble??? Since most of their figs are Kawaii anime girls, thers no examples.

Heres a good look:

figurine-mgsv-venom-snake-union-creative-wonder-festival-summer-2014-01.jpg

The sculpt on this statue is epic, they must have 3d printed the games model. I dont understand why every high-end figure company doesn't do this now

The only Figma I know that has any sort of facial hair is Thor, but he just came out so I'm waiting for mine to come. There is the Tony Stark head for their 'Full Spec' Mark VII but I'm not buying that.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/88082 Emiya here (never played/watched Fate/Stay or whatever) seems to have slight facial hair. I'm not hearing good things with Thor's hair though

Back