Armory or QS001?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The definitive Batman as of right now is without a doubt the 1/4 however I don't own it because I am a 1/6 collector. Still, keep in mind you will most likely never get another figure to go with it. He will just kinda be out there on his own. With that being said, I much prefer the 1/6 scale figure standing next to a Joker or Bane as a display piece.

Wow, some great advice here. I'm still weighing it all up. I dived into the QS001 thread and one thing I've noticed is that while all the QS001 faceplates look good, giving Batman a variety of great expressions, I find the Armory neutral face more expressive of Batman's character - it's more resolute, tougher. Shame all the other Armory faceplates look like arse! But this aside, I'm veering towards the QS001. Thanks again for the thoughts.

Sometimes things look better in hand so you never know until you see it in person. There's also lighting.

One thing that really annoys me about QS is his fat wrists... his hand-wrist transition looks so awkward.

One thing that really annoys me about QS is his fat wrists... his hand-wrist transition looks so awkward.

You mean this?

qs001.jpg

The definitive Batman as of right now is without a doubt the 1/4 however I don't own it because I am a 1/6 collector. Still, keep in mind you will most likely never get another figure to go with it. He will just kinda be out there on his own. With that being said, I much prefer the 1/6 scale figure standing next to a Joker or Bane as a display piece.

That is a good point, if you have mostly 1/6 I would lean more to the armory. There will be other 1/4 figures, Enterbay already has a few nice ones and HT will get more eventually, and if not you can always get a few Premium Format statues in 1/4 to go with him. Lots of good DC ones to choose from. Getting into 1/4 makes you want to get out of 1/6, or at least it did with me. I started with lots of 1/6. but now switched over to less quantity, but mostly 1/4 or 1/1 apart from Batman.

I'd also go with the QS001 if you don't absolutely have to have the armory. And if you're interested in the 1/6 figure, I'm sure HT will do yet another Bale TDK or TDKR Batman in the future.

QS nuff said!
Picture1_zps85ea48ef.png

Picture2_zpsd33a172b.png

WOW! That looks incredible! Seriously finding it hard to decide! Those are basically the best photos I've ever seen of any figure head! Do you have any of the Bale head?

One small thing that puts me off the QS is that I like to sell off any pieces I don't like in an item - I'm only ever interested in the main figure plus their signature weapon and it helps to cut the overall cost - but I think it would be hard to do this with pieces from the QS.

You would be suprised i sold off most of the accessories that came with the qs apart from the light up head, faceplates and hands and I pretty much recouped my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichever you choose, you'll never loose, because it is the Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

QS001 all the way....
The best Batman. It is a striking figure and really represents the franchise. It looks amazing displayed and has all the weapons you need, plus amazing display stand, accessories and head sculpt options. I have many amazing figures, and this batman absolutely catches the eye most. If you think you need a Bruce and Alfred and his armoury get it.... But I wanted batman and no other batman figure comes close to QS001.

If I had to pick one, the definitive Batman would have to be the QS001. If you're a completist, then you have to get both! If you're strictly 1/6, then the armory should suffice. But the QS001 is money.

Thanks for all the advice! I actually made up my mind today and decided I would get the Armory set first... but that my next figure after that will be the QS001. The reason is that a Hk seller offered the Armory and Alfred set today; and while I wasn't fussed about the BW figure I wanted to at least see Alfred in hand as I love Caine's portrayal. I don't want to armoury so I will cut the price by selling that and possibly the Alfred too if the figure isn't stellar. But I will definitely get the QS001 by the end of the year, and thanks again for all the advice and the pics - please keep them coming!

Back