UNIVERSAL WISHES TO DESTROY PHANTOM OF THE OPERA SET! Sign a petition to stop them.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's great! kind of weird how something will be preserved by moving a couple of walls while destroying the stage itself.

Its the set I care about, I'm not flustered about the soundstage being demolished. Plus it sounds like the public will actually be able to visit this set, which is something I've wanted to do ever since I knew the set still existed. So moving it to a museum and them demoing the soundstage for Hogwarts sounds like a great plan actually. Glad this is turning out well. It would have been a real shame to have lost the set after so many years. The soundstage merely housed it. I suppose its still historic in its own way, but I'm sure its a nightmare to work in being so out dated.

I'm so confused. Now it's ok that the stage is being demolished like I originally said?

Because initially it sounded like the soundstage and the set from the movie were both going to get destroyed. The set being destroyed was what was really upsetting people.

so they are using 3D printers? how much of the sets will they be able to move? how much would they replace?

What do you want done with it if its 'saved'? Just sit unused and take-up extremely valuable real estate?

All good things come to an end.

ETA -- Didn't read all the way through the thread. Seems like an amicable enough solution. Certainly couldn't justify leaving it where it was, even if to make it into a lackluster backlot-tour-stop or something. Wonder how much will survive the move.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
bye bye

94BmfD6.jpg

Back