Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

• Man of Steel

Votes: 77 73.3%
  • Superman Returns

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
I've got a real hankering to see SR again. I didn't like it last time, bu recently I'm into the silver age DC and Rouths Superman seemed more old Skool in that sense

I'll give this thread the amount of clarity and eloquence it deserves. :lecture

Routh sucked.
Spacey sucked.
Returns really really sucked. As a Superman movie, as a comic/hero movie, just as a movie. It's worse than most of the Marvel character movies and that's saying a lot, because there have been some real stinkers.

MoS had none of these faults and worked on all levels. Along with the Nolan Batman Trilogy, it's part of the four best "super" hero movies of all time (Batman isn't actually a superhero). If you want the top 5, you can include the original Reeve Superman in that list.

Returns was a vile attempt to crap on the two first Reeve films. It definitely fits in with Superman IV, and maybe III in terms of wasted time/celluloid. It hurts my brain thinking about how bad that movie was. John Travolta or Nic Cage would have made a better Superman, and Catherine Zeta Jones (picked this at random) a better Lex Luthor.

condescending-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-176.gif

He's right though. Returns crapped on the first two Reeve movies. He forgot to mention that MoS crapped on the entirety of the Superman franchise. :lol

I could only watch MOS once. No desire to ever see it again. It just didn't feel like a Superman movie to me. Felt like pure Sci-Fi. And Jonathan Kents death was ridiculous. I just hope BvS is a whole lot better.

i like the MOS version a little more, but mainly also, because i like the movie much more.

That said, i liked Brandon Routh as Superman. I wouldn't have mind if they casted him again for MOS. He wasen't the problem with Superman Returns IMO.

Back