Premium Format Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be a different pose, so new sculpt prob.

They'll be able to reuse a lot of the same armor pieces and I believe they will to cut costs. Also, why sculpt a new helmet when you already have one. Off as it may be, I bet we see the same helmet with weathering added.

All the movie troops are now in PF form!

Almost. ;)

A_New_Hope-_Joe_Johnston_as_Spacetrooper.jpg

I still want those Death Star engineers in the black outfits and those visors that Chinese ppl wear lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

They'll be able to reuse a lot of the same armor pieces and I believe they will to cut costs. Also, why sculpt a new helmet when you already have one. Off as it may be, I bet we see the same helmet with weathering added.

Agreed. Using the same helmet makes perfect sense. There's no need to redo it when the first one is very good.

What I disagree with is using the same pose over and over. It's lazy, uninspiring, but I get it. It maximizes their return.

Just imagine the Sandtrooper in this lineup:

ss7180b-z.jpg

Sideshow-Blackhole-Stormtrooper-09.jpg

Sideshow_Stormtrooper-Commander-Premium-Format-Figure.jpg

Thank goodness they're using their creative muscle again and hopefully we get a Sandtrooper worth displaying that doesn't look like this:

SSC11214.jpg

:lol

All the movie troops are now in PF form!

There are some left.

Agreed. Using the same helmet makes perfect sense. There's no need to redo it when the first one is very good.

Very good for what? The SSC Stormtrooper helmet is one of the ugliest scaled helmets out there. Both in 1:4 and 1:6. Disney made a better helmet for their 13" figure that costs $40... LOL

Sergiu in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 .

AndHereWeGo.gif

LOL :duff

Somehow i knew this trooper was up next. They could have announced another imperial puppet. Like the Star Gunner or AT-AT Driver, those have not been made in this high-end class. Don`t get me wrong i love this reveal, but would like the others up first.

Sergiu in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 .

AndHereWeGo.gif

Had to laugh at this but I knew what he said would be right as its the worst helmet I have seen and I will not by another PF using it. And I would sell the one I have if they were worth more than a packet of chips.

Even if your not is fugly. Look at the ****ing jaw, it's MASSIVE. The helmet is not only off it looks as stupid as the rest of the bowlegged dumb pose stromie :|

Interested, glad we are getting more PFs. Now we just need to see the Vader reveal.

Ugggghhhh. No interest. Another trooper! How original! Another faceless uninteresting character! Look at their PF page, we have almost nothing but troopers, two of which are just repaints! We are getting only three things in star wars right now from sideshow: Troopers (Boring), Vader in literally every scale (already have a large scale vader, not wasting room or money on a second with so many other great characters yet to be produced), and the Boba PF which I'm happy with but I worry we'll be getting a legendary scale figure as well on top of the PF and life size bust, life size figure, and previous PF we already have. ENOUGH, yes the PF needed an update. But can we not keep wasting resources on characters we all already have in large scale? How many collectors are really going to buy 2 giant vader statues? Very few. Same with Boba. Everyone will say "wow that's cool" but not buy it. Not everyone of course, like slynger who focuses on Boba Fett, but most collectors are not like that. For one character we really only need a good PF and one large scale version.

I feel like sideshow has given us nothing to be excited about since the mythos line and that's dead anyway. That's not their fault but the lack of any other star wars pieces is. In previous years there would be like 3 or 4 life size busts, new PFs, legendary scale stuff, and a few dioramas at SDCC for star wars statues. What did we get this year? Just Boba.

I'm so disappointed as a collector.

Ugggghhhh. No interest. Another trooper! How original! Another faceless uninteresting character! Look at their PF page, we have almost nothing but troopers, two of which are just repaints! We are getting only three things in star wars right now from sideshow: Troopers (Boring), Vader in literally every scale (already have a large scale vader, not wasting room or money on a second with so many other great characters yet to be produced), and the Boba PF which I'm happy with but I worry we'll be getting a legendary scale figure as well on top of the PF and life size bust, life size figure, and previous PF we already have. ENOUGH, yes the PF needed an update. But can we not keep wasting resources on characters we all already have in large scale? How many collectors are really going to buy 2 giant vader statues? Very few. Same with Boba. Everyone will say "wow that's cool" but not buy it. Not everyone of course, like slynger who focuses on Boba Fett, but most collectors are not like that. For one character we really only need a good PF and one large scale version.

I feel like sideshow has given us nothing to be excited about since the mythos line and that's dead anyway. That's not their fault but the lack of any other star wars pieces is. In previous years there would be like 3 or 4 life size busts, new PFs, legendary scale stuff, and a few dioramas at SDCC for star wars statues. What did we get this year? Just Boba.

I'm so disappointed as a collector.
The problem is that believe it or not we're in the minority. For one there is always this non-stop want and need for everything Vader and Boba, other than us fans most outside collectors don't really know much of the universe or enough about the other characters to have any really ties to them. Saying that, what I AM surprised about is the Lack of Han Solo PFs. Yeah the trooper thing can get redundant but hopefully they'll surprise us with something newer.
I'd love to see some Clone Wars characters visited and some characters from the OT that have yet to be done like Lando

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back