1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's taken a lot of liberties with the outfit. So has Deadpool, but his changes a lot so it doesn't matter much. Wolverine... all the unnecessary seams, the steel-toed boots, the techno-gloves, the angles on the brown section of his top, the tiny little belt... all these are really, objectively altered elements of the costume. I could nit-pick about his shaven arms and the goofy leather texture, but the other details are pretty glaring.

There are plenty of things that can be improved but I'm not worried. At SDCC last year the tailoring and body used for Batman were pretty bad, but it looks great now IMO.

In the DC threads the posters are complaining about how much better the marvel characters outfits are. :lol
The only I didn't like was Batman due to how super bright his costume is but they fixed that. I don't actually have any gripe with the DC costumes :lol

If the Marvel ones were being designed with the same faithfulness as the DC they'd have had to fight me off with a stick!

I for one don't mind the liberties they took with the costumes for they seem minor to me, I also view them as a nice change of pace and a fresh breath of air.

I would totally agree, yeah, if the regular ones had ever actually been produced. That's where I object - somebody give me the proper ones first!

I would probably pick up a McFarlane Venom and Adam Warlock (still hoping he somehow makes it into the movies).

I wouldn't get my hopes up on too many characters. It will be very hit or miss just like the joe line.

It's taken a lot of liberties with the outfit. So has Deadpool, but his changes a lot so it doesn't matter much. Wolverine... all the unnecessary seams, the steel-toed boots, the techno-gloves, the angles on the brown section of his top, the tiny little belt... all these are really, objectively altered elements of the costume. I could nit-pick about his shaven arms and the goofy leather texture, but the other details are pretty glaring.

How about it has the wrong color scheme. Should be brown and orange, not brown and yellow.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on too many characters. It will be very hit or miss just like the joe line.

Doubt it, marvel has more of backing than joes did seeing as how Disney owns star wars and marvel, and how sideshow has produced a countless number of star wars figures.

I think wolverines to tall

they may fix some things but i doubt his height is any concern. but he is short compared to other heroes. i mean hes kinda shorter than spiderman no?

I would totally agree, yeah, if the regular ones had ever actually been produced. That's where I object - somebody give me the proper ones first!

Not sure what you mean by 'proper ones' ..for example characters frequently get a make-over when a new artist starts to portray them.
If you actually mean spandex costumes, then that is your personal preference, however sales of Spider-man figures show that the majority of collectors are voting with their wallets and are not persuaded by 1/6 figures in wrinkly spandex.. the only Spider-man figures in my collection are the Toy Biz 18" and the Medicom Super Deformed (both Red and Black variant) figures..precisely because there is no wrinkly spandex.

I like the Deadpool figure and will be ordering it, rather than complaining Deadpool is normally portrayed in a Spandex body-stocking.. because a 1/6 doll in a spandex body-stocking looks awful..so if Sideshow did produce the spandex version, all those asking for one, would promptly complain it looked like s***, not buy it and blame Sideshow.. there is no way to do spandex and articulation properly.

If Collectors want the 'proper ones' they will have to buy fully sculpted figures.. because a comic is a 2D representation, which cannot be replicated by an articulated 3D figure in a spandex costume.. don't ask for the impossible and you will spend less time disappointed by the results.

Wolverine I am currently passing on because although I like Simon Bisley style art, I am not convinced that style works as a head sculpt.. I also prefer the yellow, blue and black uniform.. so Medicom's Suoer Deformed figure remains the only Wolverine in my collection (and imho it rocks!)

Not sure what you mean by 'proper ones' ..for example characters frequently get a make-over when a new artist starts to portray them.
I know what you mean, of course, I but I suspect you know what I mean, as well: the costumes fundamentally as they appeared on the page. When it comes to Wolverine's brown-and-ochre, which this is evidently intended to represent, it remained essentially unchanged for many years and it never featured these design elements.

If you actually mean spandex costumes, then that is your personal preference, however sales of Spider-man figures show that the majority of collectors are voting with their wallets and are not persuaded by 1/6 figures in wrinkly spandex.. the only Spider-man figures in my collection are the Toy Biz 18" and the Medicom Super Deformed (both Red and Black variant) figures..precisely because there is no wrinkly spandex... there is no way to do spandex and articulation properly.
That may well be the case... but if so, it raises the question of why the DC ones are getting precisely that treatment, and for the second time! They look rather lovely to my eyes, and Sideshow evidently has confidence that they'll sell. If the classic looks aren't your personal preference, then I'm glad this works for you, but please don't assert that it's an unusual idea.

Back