1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

That latest pic really isn't too bad. Again, I'm sure they'll modify it further but at the moment it's quite passable. And anyone who has a problem with the hair in that shot needs their eyes checked. It looks bloody real there. Best rooted hair I've ever seen HT do, which makes it even more of a pity that they didn't go all-out with features like that on The Crow.

first time HT makes a long human face instead of their usual squished from up and down.
aaaand they fail cause that face didn't need it :rotfl

3a82a16e81af.jpg

505e36224e70.jpg

that face would fit A3 role, but that's not young Weaver. MMS117 story.

Last edited:

The Loader Ripley looks more convincing, age and expression-wise.

But why, oh why, did they have to use rubber arms?

REALLY psyched for this figure. Looking pretty great to my eye, even with the hair.

But I'm really surprised nobody's done a photoshop showing how bad the Jonsey likeness is! :lol

Am I in the minority here, or does the sculpt look nothing like Weaver???

Bought on sight.

I think the likeness is there - tho it hardly looks perfect. The eyes & eyebrows need reworking. No issue with the rooted hair, but I'll bet it won't look anything like that in hand :lol Much futzing required I reckon, but I'm ok with that if everything else ends up spot on.

Well, the cat looks god-awful. NECA did an infinitely better job with Jonesy. Hell, I've seen toys for kids that looked more like actual cats.

Headsculpt looks much better in those shots, though. Maybe shave off a few years, but I see Weaver in those shots more than in the previous ones.

I see A LOT of ripley there. Is it perfect? No, but if its a proto why would we expect it to be? Theyll tweak it like they do with all their figs, no big

This. Just some minor tweaks and it will look much better.

What is it with HT and rooted hair for female figures lately, they don't make the figure better if anything it looks worse.
The likeness in there a little they need to make her looks younger though. Right now that hair looks like a bunch of yarn :lol
Depending on price ill prob get this one, that power loader aliens version though I don't want to know how much that'll go for.

That is one fugly figure. The more I look at it the more I don't like it.

It's definitely the eyes and eyebrows that need work. I the eyes could be spread a little futher apart by a MM or two.

Back