1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Rooted hair is the ONLY option for her messy hair on Alien. At the end of the film, its pulled back in a pony tail, so rooted hair will be perfect for this. The sculpt needs work, but its a proto so no big.
So.. are you suggesting that the doll hair on the figure will be just as workable to achieve a ponytail, as Weaver had it?

Good luck. :lol

I think the hair looks good. Looks the way it did in the film. Hopefully the Alien itself isn't too far behind.

So this is the future of Hot Toys make two figures out of one in past they would have included this in one set but now they are milking it

It's hard to tell from the photos but Sigourney Weaver's looks changed quite a bit between Alien and Aliens so they should be completely different sculpts, hair, accessories, outfits and movies. Really, I think there's enough differences before taking into account the Power Loader to justify two different releases.

It's hard to tell from the photos but Sigourney Weaver's looks changed quite a bit between Alien and Aliens so they should be completely different sculpts, hair, accessories, outfits and movies. Really, I think there's enough differences before taking into account the Power Loader to justify two different releases.

I thought I was in the BD Robocop thread when I read Moose's post. I've seen that argument made that HT should have made one single Robocop figure covering every possible look, which I don't agree on, but for Ripley? No, that's definitely 2 separate figures for the 2 movies, come on! So yeah, what you're saying.

:panic:

10566486_916579805025236_153300830_n.jpg

who's that - Cher? the face doesn't look like Ripley at all. not a single line.

badhair1.jpg
Alien_Ripley_ref4.jpg

easy pass.

Not sure I like the HS but I'll wait til I see better pics. Really hoping for an Alien though.

Looks like Commander Cain from Battlestar Galactica the more I look at the HS.

Thank you! I was just thinking it reminds me of someone else. Definitely looks like Cain. But again, not the best picture to judge the likeness.

I thought I was in the BD Robocop thread when I read Moose's post. I've seen that argument made that HT should have made one single Robocop figure covering every possible look, which I don't agree on, but for Ripley? No, that's definitely 2 separate figures for the 2 movies, come on! So yeah, what you're saying.

Well maybe you are right as it would involve 2 head and two different outfits, but in the past they would have bundled them together like joker dx1 or even expendables Barney Ross one head sure but still two separate out fits. I think that is what made Luke dx a steal even though you were getting they same outfit only one was battle damaged its was still loaded with stuff and at $ 300 I think it was a fair price.

Now they are using gimmicks like the Captain America winter solider set in order to get the no helmeted sculpt you would need to get the set which sucks because you cant use the helmeted sculpt on civilian rogers it does not belong so you still can not really benefit from both sculpts.

Same with batman armory want a Bruce Wayne head sculpt you got to get the whole set and even then you can use it because it has to stay on the suit Bruce,

I only picked up Dallas and Big Chap in the aftermarket so I am all in on any new HT Alien(s). Very excited to get both Ripleys and the powerloader. Here's hoping for Marines 2.0.

2 headsculpts with sculpted hair would have been preferable to Jheri Curl hair.

Black-Hair-Jheri-Curl.jpg

Back