1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Hope they continue tweaking the sculpts, but I really like them. Now need some space marines.

Oh Jonesy is shockingly poor. They do have cats over there don't they? Or they've at least seen pictures?
The cat looks weird man. :lol

Hey - if they can mass produce that hair so it sits right every time out of our boxes.. I'm open to it.

Ripley is such a beloved character of mine, & I'm not to mention a big Sigourney Weaver fan on top of that.

I just want this figure to be as good as it can possibly be.

This and the other Ripley might be the first figures where the rooted hair works really well, and sculpted hair just wouldn't be anywhere near as realistic. The Weaver sculpt seems passable, but there's definitely room for improvement (my first impression was she looked like a drag queen dressed up like Ellen Ripley). I think we can all agree however that the Jonesy the cat sculpt is about the worst thing that's ever been cast in plastic.

Indeed. There's no way the current version of Jonesy isn't a placeholder. I've seen better-proportioned cat sculpts in Barbie boxsets.

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-39.jpg

I think she looks great here.

Honestly though, why would they use a rubber body for the prototype unless they're going with the idea? :huh

The hair I can get around, & the face will be sorted to some degree surely.. but rubber.. again.

A-dev; you have that Sarah Connor with the rubber arms - didn't you say they've torn at the elbows?

I own 3 Sarah Connor figures and all 3 are fine.

Weren't there two different versions though? One as Sarah, & the T-1000 imposter Sarah?

Did they both have rubber bodies?

The Weaver sculpt seems passable, but there's definitely room for improvement (my first impression was she looked like a drag queen dressed up like Ellen Ripley).

Here lies the problem. For a figure that will cost around $220 upwards the words passable and improvement shouldn't be used in any sentence to describe it. All we can hope for now is that this is a very early prototype rushed to be ready for SDCC. The very suspect looking Jones cat would point to this.

I actually like the hair on Ripley, I think it wouldn't look as good sculpted. And I don't see the likeness issues at all. Looks pretty spot on to me.

Here lies the problem. For a figure that will cost around $220 upwards the words passable and improvement shouldn't be used in any sentence to describe it. All we can hope for now is that this is a very early prototype rushed to be ready for SDCC. The very suspect looking Jones cat would point to this.
It's still pending approval, so I'd say there'll be tweaks my friend. :)

Honestly though, why would they use a rubber body for the prototype unless they're going with the idea? :huh

I have one here right next to my desk, so i know the arms on these figures belong to the Ada Wong HT body.
They look okay on Ada, but might be a placeholder on the Ripley figure because it's something HT will have plenty of *on-hand*.

GH666EWE_03.jpg

I agree, passable doesn't cut it for the price. But I will say this looks more like Sigourney Weaver than the Star-Lord figure looks like Chris Pratt.

I'll just speak for myself and say I love this figure. I think the likeness is great. I like it better than the real thing.

It's not typical for Hot Toys to paint eyes not-straight ahead, so I'm wondering if this has PERS.

Back