Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

I would think it would be Star Wars Vader or TESB.
I would hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

Let's all take a deep breath now.

Common sense will get you killed in these parts, watch out. ;)

Holy crap, I'm late to pick up my daughter from camp. Scram.

My comment was common sense. It's very hard to convey emotion and context through the Web. No harm, no foul. Just my opinion. We are all entitled to one.

Disney...

Phooey, Disney! :pfft: Keeping HT Han from me!

Like everyone's been saying, I think HT will stick to the main popular figures. I don't foresee Yoda or the Emperor. I actually think Medicom's offerings show a good idea of what to expect from HT, at least as far as the human characters are concerned.

Now it isn't. However, they want to remain fair and not throw multiples of the same figures at us.

Don't believe all the remaining fair speech. You don't spend all that time and effort on the Star Wars license and not make Vader one of your signature releases.

I believe that Howard believes it right now. My point was covered after that quote. HT will start out slow and then crush everyone in the 1/6th and 1/4 market.

Again. My opinion guys. We are all on the same team. :p

Don't believe all the remaining fair speech. You don't spend all that time and effort on the Star Wars license and not make Vader one of your signature releases.

You do when it is was just recently released! It would be foolish of them to release one now right when Sideshow released it. There also is no reason to believe that Hot Toys is now in competition with Sideshow. I think that is not the case at all.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Where is your proof that Lucas Film still has "100% control" of what gets released?

Time to bring some reality back to this thread.

Yes SS has the license still

It was kind of know that Medicoms license was coming up. Disney may have urged Hasbro to lease it to HT but Disney would not have control of this Hasbro still has the rights.

HT NEVER had a SW license before this.

HT will not be able to just do what they want and its highly unlikely there will be any direct competition between SS and HT, Lucasfilms still has 100% control of what gets released and what doesn't get released.

Its unlikely that HT will have anything to show at SDCC unless they have had the license for quite some time in kept this under wraps and have figures already in the approval process as they must make it though initial approvals before ever being shown to public.

Ok now back to the crazy ideas and accusations.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Where is your proof that Lucas Film still has "100% control" of what gets released?

LFL - Lucasfilm Licensing - a Division of Disney responsible for all Star Wars licensing. Releasing competing figures in the same class is bad for the license, it's probably not going to be allowed, so don't expect it.

As the license holder, Lucasfilm has final say and approval for all releases. It's just how these things work. It'd be the same for any license holder.

As the license holder, Lucasfilm has final say and approval for all releases. It's just how these things work. It'd be the same for any license holder.

Exactly. If people want to think of it like a Driver's License, then it's like having one, but being forced to be the passenger. ;) You can have ideas, you can make suggestions, you can even navigate, but at the end of the day, you're going where the driver takes you. And paying for food and gas.

Edit: And it's a minivan being driven by LFL with Hasbro in the passenger seat where they still get to control the music and A/C. Everyone else is piled in the back, but expect Hot Toys to be behind Sideshow.

Last edited:

Wow, I really wonder about people holding out for some hypothetical HT Vader that is literally like David Prose miniaturised in costume by Rick Moranis.

The SSC RotJ Vader may not be perfect, but I cannot imagine any feature that would make me pay $250+ to upgrade. These are dolls and frankly at some point the are simply good enough to be enjoyed, spend money on something new.

THIS./ I think alot of people do not realize just how big a 1/6th Xwing would be, and are basing how big they THINK it would be on an up-scaled version of the old kenner toy. that thing was WAAAY undersized.

Hot toys X-wing will be 1/12th.

Also, cool to hear they're gonna stick to not competing with sideshow.

X-Wing is 11 feet tall,43 feet long with a 44 foot wingspan apparently.How big would that be in 1/6?

Oh, and I'm so picking up a pair of these little Hot Toys troopers if the prices are reasonable. Maybe three or four if they're SUPER reasonable, then each of my kids can have one too. Two will be for me. ;)

Chan's not interested in PT Vader.

:huh

A wise man, I respect him more and more each day :lecture

Exactly. If people want to think of it like a Driver's License, then it's like having one, but being forced to be the passenger. ;) You can have ideas, you can make suggestions, you can even navigate, but at the end of the day, you're going where the driver takes you. And paying for food and gas.

Edit: And it's a minivan being driven by LFL with Hasbro in the passenger seat where they still get to control the music and A/C. Everyone else is piled in the back, but expect Hot Toys to be behind Sideshow.

:lol :lol :lol

X-Wing is 11 feet tall,43 feet long with a 44 foot wingspan apparently.How big would that be in 1/6?

The answer is in your question...

Wow, I really wonder about people holding out for some hypothetical HT Vader that is literally like David Prose miniaturised in costume by Rick Moranis.

The SSC RotJ Vader may not be perfect, but I cannot imagine any feature that would make me pay $250+ to upgrade. These are dolls and frankly at some point the are simply good enough to be enjoyed, spend money on something new.

exactly. id rather see hot toys focus on a chewbacca more than anything else.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

You do when it is was just recently released! It would be foolish of them to release one now right when Sideshow released it. There also is no reason to believe that Hot Toys is now in competition with Sideshow. I think that is not the case at all.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. It will happen one day. Business is business.$$$

22 inches tall, about 7 foot 1/8 inches long and about 7 foot 1/4 inch wingspan. apparently.:wink1:

With everything they have done with the Batman line it is feasible they could do ships with the SW line. Maybe not a Falcon. But I can easily see them doing a Landspeeder or a Tie Fighter. A Tie Fighter would be easy to have packaged for assembly by the end user.

A Landspeeder with a new farmboy Luke, new Obi-Wan and use the SS C-3PO and R2. Yup I would be all over that.

Back