Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

We also have to remember that HT's prices are going to be ridiculous. $250 will probably be the least amount we'll be paying for a more basic bare bones figure.

This. I am happy with SSC when it comes to their clones, pricing and accessory-wise. A future stormtrooper as the same price as Iron Man figures will be a tough decision, especially if it comes with only two hands (accessory pack will probably be new model to dig further into our wallets). I hope SSC is still involved with Star Wars, competition is always good.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I hope not. I`M used to buying from ssc through out the years and if hot toys takes over I wont be able to afford them anymore

What was the last female SS Star Wars figure? Princess Leia in the impossible-to-shape dress?

So are you guys still interested in SS Hoth Luke, Han and X wing Luke?
What about SS R2 and C-3PO?

Hot Toys wants:
Chewbacca
Slave Leia
Landspeeder
Stormtrooper
Royal Guard
B'Omarr Monk

I don't think that Sideshow will be losing their licence for Star Wars I think we are going to get more choices and more figures, which is YEAH! for all of us here. especially with the new movie coming out this seams to be the beginning to hype it up for Dis....., Disn......Disney! omg i almost couldnt say it.lol

oh yeah I still want the hoth versions of luke and han . now if hot toys teams up with ssc just to do the human faces im down with that

If SS is going to still produce SW, It going to be tough dropping bills on human likeness

This is the announcement I've been waiting for.

..& totally Wor-Gor - licorice boy will be junk in a little while. :lol
I disagree. While I'll be picking-up HT's Vader, for sure, I'll keep Sideshow's and just use it elsewhere. Definitely room for both, for me.

If SS is going to still produce SW, It going to be tough dropping bills on human likeness
Yep, I gave up on their new three piece technique once I saw Drake. Echo and Fives portraits confirmed for me that it looks terrible.

I think I would stick with HT for the humans and maybe Vader. Still on board with Sideshow on their new offerings and Hoth Han.

Not sure. Maybe a Darth Vader? Luke for sure.

I have a feeling they will make a ton of figures from the new trilogy.

Unfortunately I suspect that will be the case - a Vader, OT Luke and Han, and then on to the NT junk.

I disagree. While I'll be picking-up HT's Vader, for sure, I'll keep Sideshow's and just use it elsewhere. Definitely room for both, for me.

I agree as well. I have been collecting these since 06. I might not have all the figures as I pick and choose because I don't care about the cartoon figures

oh yeah I still want the hoth versions of luke and han . now if hot toys teams up with ssc just to do the human faces im down with that

Those figures are likely well into production by now. When is Luke due? October? I have to say that SS's cut and sew is really coming along in leaps and bounds, but oh man those potential heads make me consider ditching them.

They're unloading. That's how I see it.

Probably, the question is whether or not people will pass on them now they that know some of them like the TIE Fighter Pilot, or Scout or even X-Wing Pilots are probably on tap from HT.

HT is now bedding Marvel's younger sister Lucas Films along with their mom Disney.

Actually I'm going to argue that it's because Disney bought LFL that HT was able to slide in. Back with MR had the SW license and got the Disney license one of their complaints was that Disney used to license to everyone no problem. They didn't care if companies were doing the same thing which was one of MR's troubles that they wouldn't have exclusivity to make something, apparently Marvel was similar (remember we got two of the same Spider-Man 3 statues in basically the same exact pose?) My guess is now that Disney owns it, they had no problem offering it up to HT if they were willing to pay and Howard said SW was on his list.

Not sure, I would think it's in conjunction since Sideshow at last check had the license.

Kind of. Last time someone commented the way SSC's license worked was it was a "lease" from Hasbro. So essentially Hasbro has the license until 2018, they lease it to SSC to make the 1:6 figures, who then in turn "leased" it to HT, a huge pyramid scheme of things. Or at least that is how it was explained on these boards back when. Now if HT is bothering to make a huge announcement from Episode I-VI my guess is that HT has the license proper and isn't worried about Hasbro or SSC now.

Yeah, I'm looking to HT to upgrade my most hopeless SS efforts... like Bespin Han. But now HT has a new "Ironman"... the Iron Man known as STAR WARS. I wonder if they'll just blast out this beast with record numbers?

:lol People thought that Iron Man was bad, wait until HT gets their hands on Clones or anything they can variant really.

I think I'm most excited about seeing what HT does with the ladies: Leia and Padme

SSC is really knocking guys, droids, aliens, and troopers out of the park right now. But a HT ANH Leia, Arena Padme, Slave Leia, Hoth Leia, etc., etc., I imagine will far surpass Sideshow's efforts.

I've yet to see a good female figure from Hot Toys. On the other hand Sideshow has done a great job with Baroness, Harley and Catwoman.

Those figures are likely well into production by now. When is Luke due? October? I have to say that SS's cut and sew is really coming along in leaps and bounds, but oh man those potential heads make me consider ditching them.

yeah but I would love for hot toys to handle the human figures and sideshow do the other characters

This is very bad timing for HT to release this news…..what are they going to do with all the Tonto figures now!!!! I think there are five sold so far.

Back