Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right, I can see your point now.

Thing is, my favorite part is chapter three when he's all gnarly and wrinkled and fighting the Joker in the tunnel of love. So for me, the DCD figure works. It's funny, Miller seemed to draw him bigger, meaner and older as the series progressed. The splash page in book one where he's revealed in his costume almost has a Neal Adams feel to it...but by Book 3 and 4, he's just bigger and thicker.

As for Superman, I haven't seen the 4 pack version in person. Is only his face different, or the outfit colors too? Didn't the 4 pack skimp on the accessories...like no kryptonite arrow or smashed helmet?

Yeah I like both DCD and the Mattel one, I just feel the Mattel one is just a bit better for me, but you can't loose with DCD.

Yeah the 4 pack didn't come with the helmet and arrow, the colors on the costume were a bit darker and the face paint job was a bit more tanned, had a better wash and more defined paint overall for my taste, the individual one had a bit brighter colors, the face paint was a big rougher and had almost no wash.

You can see it here, hit the 18:15 mark.

Actually, you could say the Superman got better, the 4 pack Superman has a better face paint job than the original individual release, I had them both and liked them both but the 4 Pack Superman was just a tad better in the face.

Moving to the DCD Batman, yeah for the time it was great, and it does resemble the book, but more lines doesn't = a better sculpt, it is a good sculpt but I don't think they got the vibe of the art like the Mattel one did, it was a softer sculpt but the lines are in all the right places, you just get that Miller feel out of that sculpt, on the body, the only panel I see Batman all hunched down and looking like an actual old man, is when he's laying next to the Joker, the rest of the time he looks to be built like a tank, which is why I think the He-man body works so well, and of course the articulation is a huge plus.

Yeah the sculpt in the body is pretty good on the DCD but the He-man body works better for the figure, besides the mattel has a pretty cool pair of trunks, gloves and boots that are much better than the DCD and the cape on the mattel one is just great.

review_batunl_5.jpg

Oh and I forgot about the gorilla hands on the DCD :lol they're way out of proportion.

I actually thought about selling my Mattel TDKR Batmen when these Mezco ones were announced but they're too good and too much fun to play with.

I had the above Bats customed made to the armor version.

I sold it b/c I will be focusing on the SW line. But these are soooooooooo tempting.

^ Well done man :clap looks great :duff

I seem to remember Saotome or one of those big name customizers made one of those and it went for millions on eBay :lol

Let us hope Mezco brings that heavy artillery :lol

^ Well done man :clap looks great :duff

I seem to remember Saotome or one of those big name customizers made one of those and it went for millions on eBay :lol

Let us hope Mezco brings that heavy artillery :lol

This custom was made for me by HunterKnight.

Sorry to see it go but at least it went to a great home.

I've never bought Mezco figs, but these one are a sure buy for me, so question: where do you guys get them and how much are they usually priced?:)

I've seen Mezco product at Toys R Us before. I wonder if these would be there too.

I doubt we'll see them at Toys R Us. Though TRU has had some of the more expensive Transformers and such. I for one hope that they don't carry them. I wouldn't pick them up anyways because of the TRU tax. If the figures were regularly priced at $40-60, you could bet that TRU would have them for $80-100, if not more.

Your best bet is an online retailer like BBTS or Amazon. I prefer BBTS, since they're more collector friendly, even if you do have to pay a bit more.

Edit: I can't wait for more info on these figures! They look awesome! Of course, I share the same concerns as everyone else about pricing and production quality. If the final production figure looks as good as the ones we've seen, I'm worried that a ridiculous price tag wouldn't keep me away.

Last edited:
Just want to share some pics I took at SDCC. Really impressed with this line.

DSC02249_zps871057e8.jpg

DSC02243_zps67a64644.jpg

DSC02244_zps35a8b4cd.jpg

DSC02245_zps14aa8c39.jpg

DSC02247_zpsf381fdff.jpg

DSC02250_zpsb42bae85.jpg

Normally I only do 1/4 scale statues but these may find their way into my collection. I am a big Miller fan and feel that Mezco has really captured the essence of his Batman. Here is hoping that at least they make a DKR Joker to match.

The DCD Carrie Kelly Robin from 10 years ago, while not a great figure, could surely fill the space on the shelf as a placeholder. Almost like an accessory for this guy.

And while I liked their renditions of Joker and Superman, they're just gonna look like crap next to this masterpiece.

Back