Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks sick...
but ... sadly it really looks like rubber... and a pleather cape...
since Hot Toys doesn't seem to give a damn about their deterioration problems... see ED-209 issues....

9e9.gif

Actually, now that ED has been mentioned, Bats rubber suit sort of has a similar texture to him! :lol

:panic:

Man, if this turns out to be rubber then I'll probably go with the Guardians of the Galaxy line. Dilemmas dilemmas dilemmas :s

But why the complaints about the 'pleather' cape? Are there issues with that material as well?

I wonder if they'll do a 2-pack release for this.

About damn time. Looks really good though, the face plate looks fantastic. Just gotta hope the rubber suit isn't useless. Wonder if the joker will be shown too.

What complaints about the cape?

It looks fine to me. If it's anything like the DX 09 Batman cape, it'll be great.

Judging from what I can see in the picture this looks awesome so far...I might be getting this instead of the Sideshow Batman to represent the comics version of Batman on my shelf.

Looks good, really nice. But,

Rubber, rubber, rubber. Painted rubber as a matter of fact.
My first thought. I thought HT had worked through all those problems with the use of the PVC bodies, etc., but with the ED-209 we know that isn't the case. And cloth like they used with Supes or the last DX Batman would have worked here. Too bad to see this regression. Putting durability issues aside, this is really going to restrict posing options as well. I'll probably pass on it.

It's good to see they finally got around to it, but...

Looks good, really nice. But,

Rubber, rubber, rubber. Painted rubber as a matter of fact.

^This. No dynamic poses and the fear that your figure could deteriorate within the year. I would rather see sculpted armour with visible joints than a rubber suit. Or even if they break up the suit at some of those contours and glue it on fabric similar to the DK suit but obviously not as extreme as that.

I expected the SDCC preview to be the Returns. Not disappointed tho, as this will be a cool addition to the collection. As for rubber, my current Bats with Rubber suits have shown no sign of having any problems. I'm going for this.

Why don't you guys compare apples to apples. The 89 batman suit is doing fine. Stop comparing it to a random shoulder joint in a massive robot.

Well, glad to see hot toys is FINALLY getting around to stuff they mentioned awhile back.

Yeah, it does look like rubber, but we'll see. Then again I had hope ED-209 would be different.

I would have been excited about this... Had Batman Returns already been shown.

But until Hot Toys fulfills that January 2012 promise, I just can't get excited about any of their product anymore.

Sallah

I'm loving what I'm seeing of his face. i like it a lot more than the Sideshow Batman's face. This guy looks like he wants to dangle someone upside down from a rooftop. Or maybe kick someone in the chest so hard they're paralyzed for life. He's mean and scary and I like it.

Why don't you guys compare apples to apples. The 89 batman suit is doing fine. Stop comparing it to a random shoulder joint in a massive robot.

Because HT's apples are not always the same apples they serve. You can't blame some of us for having fears regarding their unpredictable and inconsistent choice of materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back