A freaking mouse in the house!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, the cat brought a mouse home tonight. Nothing new. However this time the beast was not only still alive but completly uninjured. I took the cat out the kitchen and when I turned around to catch the mouse I saw here going under the kitchen. Despite we were searching everywhere the mouse has not been found. It is nearly impossible for it to get out of the kitchen as I have closed the door. Any ideas how I can find it and solve the problem?

Anybody ever had a similar issue and any experiences? Think I need to buy some traps tomorow as I dont want it to stay in my house...:(

A mouse can fit through the tiniest of cracks because of it's soft bones.

You'll have to set a trap for it or put poison (D-Con for Rats) somewhere that the cat can't get into it.

1kill.jpg

The Ween is right, they can find a way out that you can't see. It may have even left the house after the experience with the cat. A simple old fashion mouse trap is your best bet. Everyone wants to build a better mouse trap... But I do have a suggestion on how to bait it that works like a charm! Mice love peanut butter even better than cheese. Even if the trap is "pre-baited" - take a small piece of cotton ball, work some peanut butter into the cotton (and kinda wrap the cotton around a dab of the peanut butter), tie it securely to the bait end of the trap with a piece of thread. The mouse has to work at the cotton to get the peanut butter. Put it where the cat can't get to it. If the mouse is still in the house I will just about guarantee he will be in the trap by morning. I once caught two juveniles at the same time with this method. Good luck. Let me know if it works!

:lol :rofl

Thanks guys! The wife got it at 5:30. As already mentioned the door was obviously no issue for the mouse and they met each other in the living room. The wife made me really proud by quickly throwing a bin over her enemy and shouting for me. What a hilarious scene! One hand on the bin to keep the mouse in place, the other raised over the head, jumping from one food to the other and screaming in panic. :lol :rofl I brought the mouse out and set it on the neighbours ground in hope it will visit him the next time. :lol

Once again thanks for your great comments! :lol

:thumbsup

:lol :rofl

Thanks guys! The wife got it at 5:30. As already mentioned the door was obviously no issue for the mouse and they met each other in the living room. The wife made me really proud by quickly throwing a bin over her enemy and shouting for me. What a hilarious scene! One hand on the bin to keep the mouse in place, the other raised over the head, jumping from one food to the other and screaming in panic. :lol :rofl I brought the mouse out and set it on the neighbours ground in hope it will visit him the next time. :lol

Once again thanks for your great comments! :lol

:thumbsup

That's the video you should have taken! :lol

Missed opportunity, but.....

....just get another mouse. Blame it on the cat. Have your video cam/phone on the ready. :yess:

You could get the cat back in the kitchen, she'll smell the mouse.

If you're planning on using rat poison, by all means ISOLATE the cat!

It may just come back in if it likes your place. My wife once put a cup over a reportedly big spider in our tub and waited for me to come home and deal with it. When I lifted the cup,... no spider. It was probably so big it lifted the cup itself! She was a bit unnerved. hehehe

That's the video you should have taken! :lol

Missed opportunity, but.....

....just get another mouse. Blame it on the cat. Have your video cam/phone on the ready. :yess:

Will do the next time. I prmomise! :lol

You could get the cat back in the kitchen, she'll smell the mouse.

If you're planning on using rat poison, by all means ISOLATE the cat!

I would always go for a non lethal trap. There is no right to kill a living creature just because you dont want it in your house. I mean you dont do it with your mother in law either, do you? :lol

Back