1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone asked ssc if the rolled up pouch on the back is a poncho for the scout?

Oh that thing is SO bought! Hopefully they will injection mold this one, cause polystone will weight too much for me to run around the apartment with it making a whirring sound....

Nathan

There is no way that was Polystone, it looked like plastic with all the separate steering vains and handle bar pieces and hoses, etc. At the SW collectibles panel they said the handle bars/levers move, the back flaps over the thrusters move and I believe the leg/foot pedal things do too (just like the Hasbro one in those regards). I cant remember if they mentioned the rolled up gear at the back, the Hasbro one has a poncho so hopefully this is too, or a rolled up bedroll/bivouac type thing would be neat too.

If, like me, you were thinking of not ordering this bike and just using the Hasbro version with the SSC Scout. I think you may be disappointed with the relative sizes. I placed a SS Stormie on the bike and took a few pics.

The Hasbro bike, although well detailed and with a repaint makes a nice display piece, it is noticeably bigger than the SS scale. Getting the figures feet on to the pedals took some doing (although bear in mind he has armour on)

Here are a couple of reference pics of my repainted bike with the trooper.

Bike02_zpse456cdd6.jpg
Bike01_zps8157963d.jpg

Obviously your mileage may vary and for me personally I can't justify buying another speeder. The scale difference doesn't really bother me much, the bike looks nice and beefy. If you were intending a display of the Scout next to the bike though, the height difference in the stands is certainly an issue.

Ouch, was that an errant laser round on your Wacom?

I wish I had a place to display such a vehicle, as I'd definitely snag a Hasbro version to stand next to the figure. It would really take some significant changes of my plans to make it happen.

Last edited:
Ouch, was that an errant laster round on your Wacom?

I wish I had a place to display such a vehicle, as I'd definitely snag a Hasbro version to stand next to the figure. It would really take some significant changes of my plans to make it happen.

Ha, luckily not. She's my pride and joy, and my livelyhood. I'd grab that before the cat if there was a fire.

The bike is big, but not too big to display. Mine sits on top of the old office CRT.

As I thought I may have to spring for the Ssc and sell my hasbro. Damn obsessive collecting. Lol

I wonder how many fans' hands subconsciously clenched into a fist (or posteriors clenched into a... more clenched posterior) when they first saw this picture. :lol

Obviously your mileage may vary and for me personally I can't justify buying another speeder. The scale difference doesn't really bother me much, the bike looks nice and beefy. If you were intending a display of the Scout next to the bike though, the height difference in the stands is certainly an issue.

For me, I'm pretty agreed. I don't put as much into this hobby as I used to. As of now, I don't even know if I'm going to even get a Scout trooper, though it's looking very likely. But if I do, I'd have him standing with the bike behind him. If scales are slightly off, or display heights aren't perfect, it'll still more than suit my display needs.

Thanks for the comparison pics. If I grab the SS Scout and Hasbro bike, I won't be getting the bike repainted / modded / whatever. It won't be an amazing screen accurate perfect display, but I think I will be very happy with it, especially factoring in the price.

Yeah I'm with you on that. I too am leaning towards not getting the Scout now and selling the bike. It's a nice display piece, but I'm trying to scale back the display to items that are nostalgic for me , which this isn't. I just got it as a project to repaint a couple of years ago.

I wonder what this will go for? Are we thinking taun taun pricing or beyond?
A quick check even shows the hasbro one going for some 'rich' prices

I wonder what this will go for? Are we thinking taun taun pricing or beyond?

I would say $250 to $300 since the Dewback was $300 and the Tauntaun is $350

A quick check even shows the hasbro one going for some 'rich' prices

I said this earlier, that the Hasbro speeder will go up in price as people seek a more affordable alternative to the SS one. :lecture

Back