1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Workshop accessories set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark 42 Battle Damaged

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

:lol:hi5:

they will release a Hot Rod, i guarantee it

keep in mind though that if they did release him it would have to be in diecast format... which imo means expensive and a background character the majority wont need...

keep in mind though that if they did release him it would have to be in diecast format... which imo means expensive and a background character the majority wont need...

why do you say that?, I cant see many of the repaints being diecast or coming with much accessories

why do you say that?, I cant see many of the repaints being diecast or coming with much accessories

because Hot Rod is based off of War Machine MK 2, and that figure was die cast.

I don't really see Hot Toys investing in new molds for plastic versions for a version of the figure that probably wouldn't sell as well as other MKs

But I can see them wanting to get more mileage out of the diecast figure they already have made for WM/IP. All the design and tooling is done and paid for, any extra sales for the same base figure will be gravy for them.

because Hot Rod is based off of War Machine MK 2, and that figure was die cast.

I don't really see Hot Toys investing in new molds for plastic versions for a version of the figure that probably wouldn't sell as well as other MKs

surely it would be cheaper than diecast

It wouldn't have to be Diecast, but I agree the odds are in favor of HT releasing Hot Rod as a Diecast since IP was done in that medium. That being said, HT did Python and Bones in plastic so it's a crap shoot really. :huh

surely it would be cheaper than diecast

like if the WM MK 2 was originally plastic. Then yes, a plastic version would be cheaper than die cast.

But since WM MK 2 is diecast, HT would have to make new molds for plastic version. So now they have to invest more money for production.

So to compensate, would they have a higher price point or sell more of the figure? And who knows how many people would be interested in this version of the suit.

Back